Transmission help please

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

krector88

Transmission help please

Post by krector88 »

Hi everyone and thank you for reading my post. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. So my motor shot on me and my transmission was slipping between gears shortly after buying my crew cab. So I swapped motor, tranny, tcase out of a parts ZR2 I had. I also used the PCM. No tranny problems yet. The rod bearings soon gave me problems after a month of driving. I finally got a different motor out of a Silverado my wife wrecked. Ever since I've been driving it now, while I'm cruising down the highway the rpm's would jump up and down about 200 rpm and it seemed to be running higher rpm's than I remember going down the highway. And when I'm cruising at a low speed, sometimes the truck would rev high and tranny would seem to slip. Then the other day while driving around I heard a small grinding sort of sound, almost like two discs running together and that's when she just stopped pulling down the highway. I parked it, assuming transmission wss shot. When I go-to retrieve the truck I started it up and surprisingly it took off and I drove it home. Since then, I can start it and go through the gears, but it still runs high rpm's and it feels like something is holding it back. Then when I slow down and proceed to accelerate, it won't shift into 3rd and will eventually not pull anymore, like before. If I shut it off after I spew down it will run through the gears, until I slow down and shut it off. I'm clueless! If anyone knows something I don't I thank you in advance for any idea's.
2" body lift, 31x10.5, American Racing wheels, Zr2 front/rear diff. swap, track bar, Zr2 fenders & flares, Airaid intake, TB spacer, throttle blade mod, MAF screen delete, quad beam mod, HID headlights, Euro taillights, bull bar, 50" light bar, JVC DVD player, Focal speaker upgrade, 12" Solobaric L7, tinted windows, Viper alarm, Rancho shocks & stabilizer, tubular upper C/A, Flomaster dual exhaust, grey on black interior swap, roof mounted gun rack
krector88

Re: Transmission help please

Post by krector88 »

So I pulled the pan today again and pulled each solenoid out of the valve body individually one at a time and cleaned them with brake cleaner and placed them back into the valve body. Put the pan on, topped off with fluid, drop it into gear and nothing! Reverse was the same. It didn't budge whatsoever when shifting on the column and revving it up. No response at all. If anyone with more experience than I have knows something I don't and can offer any advice to point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
2" body lift, 31x10.5, American Racing wheels, Zr2 front/rear diff. swap, track bar, Zr2 fenders & flares, Airaid intake, TB spacer, throttle blade mod, MAF screen delete, quad beam mod, HID headlights, Euro taillights, bull bar, 50" light bar, JVC DVD player, Focal speaker upgrade, 12" Solobaric L7, tinted windows, Viper alarm, Rancho shocks & stabilizer, tubular upper C/A, Flomaster dual exhaust, grey on black interior swap, roof mounted gun rack
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Transmission help please

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds lots like the transmissions that have cracked the sun shell , or planetary. A full transmission rebuild is in your future.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK