Best way to add 5" of lift?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Best way to add 5" of lift?

Postby KnuckleheadS10 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am

Hey all, I just upgraded from a 95 extended cab to an 04 CC, and I'm wondering what the best way to go about this is. I've read about the MML (which makes some sense to me but also doesn't reach 5", I think), and I've also read some thoughts on the RC 2.5" lift (though I'm not sure how up to date they are as RC updated their lift I believe). My goal is to add 5" of lift to the truck, one way or another. My current thinking was add the RC lift, Bilsteins, a 2" body lift, and then crank the torsion bar a little to get that last .5". So I guess I'm after:

- Opinions of my current avenue - room for improvement, other ways to go about it, etc?

- more info on the MML - can it reach 5" of lift, is it shackles OR Boise Springworks Kit, and how do you even it out in the front then?

- What tire size I can expect to move to in the end?

I appreciate any input you guys may have.
KnuckleheadS10

Re: Best way to add 5" of lift?

Postby Built2Bend » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:20 pm

I would not add the 2.5in lift and crank them more than rough country says there lift already cranks the torsion bars to the max I wouldent go any further.

If your dead set on 5in about your only option is a 6in lift kit.

Sas

Or go with your idea but don't try to crank the torsion bars beyond rough country's directions.
(Also have you seen you can use a first gen 3in body lift)
1995 s10 reg cab short bed 4 cyl stick (sold)
1998 s10 reg cab short bed 4 cyl auto
2004 Sonoma crew cab v6 auto
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Postby KnuckleheadS10 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 am

Did not know the 2.5 RC cranked the T-bars, interesting. Also didn't know a first gen 3 in body lift would work either. That would get my 5 in with .5 to spare. Is it basically just drop in?

SAS is a possibility further down the road. We're about to have the family garage built, so right now I'm in the process of just life-proofing the truck as it sits - bedliner swapping the pop in out, making sure the 4.3 stays strong until I can drop a 350 Vortec in, maybe sourcing some leather seats since the drivers side came from the factory with power run to it, etc.
KnuckleheadS10

Postby jedthrocornpone » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 am

I enjoyed the MML got 33's but went SAS And have never looked back.... is 5" a magic number? Is there a specific tire your shooting for?
jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Return to Tires / Lifts / Suspension