body lift price?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

body lift price?

Post by Justin »

OK I just went to my 4wd auto place and asked for the body lift #192 from PA. They told me that retail was $299 and they could sell it to me for $260. At the mod info page under crewcab2ya.com, it is said to have a price of $125. Does anyone know where i can get it for that price?

thanx,

Justin
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

alright i've done some research and now i am completely confused!!! people say that kit #192 is the same as kit #142

http://www.loudzr2.homestead.com/2in.html

If thats the case, the kit is still $175

any suggestions?
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Mines PA192 purchased it about 1 year ago, when my 01 was new. If the number changes or the other 142 can be used, then I'd say go for it. I payed $189 for mine from my local 4x4 shop.

I'd try and email PA regarding the 142, 192 issue and see what they say.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Jason
Regular
Regular

Post by Jason »

ok, here's the scoop. 142 is similar to 192. The difference is in the remote oil filter mounting. I bougt my 192 from summit racing. They don't list it but if you search for a pra-pa-192 in the summit part # field you will find it. I looked today and it is $167 shipping is free (UPS ground). Good luck.
[size=75]'02 Onyx Black, 2" PA BL, 31" Dualers, 16x8 Firebird wheels, Rollpan, Clear Tails, Clear Corners, Hinged Tonneau, Smoked 3rd Brake Light, B+M Shift Plus, Air Intake, De-badged[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

ok thanx for everyones help. especially Jason for that last reply. I finally purchased it and hopefully it will be here before the weekend. I've narrowed it down to 3 types of tires now to complete it, the 31" geolanders, the 31"x11.5" mickey tomson baja or the 31" tsl thornbirds
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I've narrowed it down to 3 types of tires now to complete it, the 31" geolanders, the 31"x11.5" mickey tomson baja or the 31" tsl thornbirds

The Mickey Thompson Baja Claws tend to vibrate real bad at lower speeds and I am told that they wear pretty fast.

The TSL Thornbirds are cool , they howl like a BIG dog on the highway, the agressive side lugs may present some clearance issues, and have the same wear fast problem.

The ONLY one of the three listed that I have any experience with are the Geolandar M/T's I heard the same thing about them as for tread wear, (it's not that bad so far) and they are definately directional with Raised Outline White Lettering, so you must have a left side and right side tire, and there is some vibe at less than 5 mph.

On the bright side the road noise is not too bad , nice low rumble at speed. They have handled all the terrain I have tried very well (I haven't tried snow yet but ,rock, mud, sand ,highway etc.- hardly need 4x4). They appear very agressive , but in fact have less room between the lugs than most (better tread wear?).Of the three they are the lowest cost.

You might also check out the Goodyear M/TR (availability may be better now, but I'm afraid they are going to be pricey) , Procomp Xterrains (I think John is running them?) and the new Mudzilla's.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i got my kit in a group purchase from 4wp for 109 OTD.

i would tell the guy that said 299 to go shuv it.

thats like when, i forget who, but someone went ang paid 500 bucks for a tranny cooler install from the dealer!!! that is just down right robbery. i had just done it for 50 bucks and 30 minutes.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]