airbag light after body lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

airbag light after body lift

Post by Justin »

Ok I'm stupid, I started the truck before putting the fuse to the airbag back. Now my airbag light is constantly on. I tried disconnecting the positive terminal to the battery thinking it would clear the code but it didn't. Do I have to go to the dealer and have them clear it?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The good news is it will reset, or clear the code, itself as long as no problem exists...The bad news is that it takes 255 clear ignition cycles to do so.

Some of the curcumstances that set the light will clear as long as the condition has been corrected. I'd double check all the connections to the sensors, to made sure you don't have a loose or shorted wire.

It would probably be best to drop by the dealer and have them check and reset it for you.IMO

A fifty cal. charge of black powder in front of your face is nothing you want malfunctioning ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

oh yes, i know about the freakin air bags exploxing in your face. it took 2 weeks for the burns to heal up and it took all the hair off my arm! :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Lee
Regular
Regular

Airbags

Post by Lee »

Yeah, my mom almost had her wrist broken when the airbag in her van deployed. I've heard lot's of bad things about them, but they do save lives in accidents (better minor injuries than serious injuries or dead). The airbag system is also one reason why you need to get some kind of frame mounted brush guard or prerunner bar before you do any serious offroading, cuz one good drop into a hole that's deeper than you think, and you've got that previously mentioned fifty cal. black powder charge in your face.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i pretty much stay away from anything major dangerous in the offroad considering my truck is new. when its a beater, i will thrash it. but its not a bad idea to take the fuse out while you are off roading :)
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]