wheel spacers

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

wheel spacers

Post by Justin »

looking for 2" spacers for th rear...where cna i get them?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

They're trying to get a GP going on some over at ZR2.com here but that thread has been there for weeks with no official details yet. You could also checkhere for a list of the part numbers for wheel spacers that work on our trucks and then click on the link on that page to take you to a place to order them.

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to forget about the GP and just get my own.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Try here:

At this link:http://www.performancewheel.com/

I'm real happy with mine :D
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

ok now I'm pissed at this local 4wd shop. I told them simply that I would like 1.5" spacers and they gave me this big talk of how bad they are. I realize that they put strain on the axle bearings but I will eventually purchase new rims with the correct offset. Then they were telling me that I may have to cut off the studs if i get 1.5" because there may be some left interfering with the rim....I think it all came down to that they just wanted me to buy new rims.......now they said that putting 10.5" wide tires on a 7" rim is no good

here are my current problems....

1)I have about 1..25" from the inside of the stock tire to the frame. Will it rub with stock rims and 10.5" tires

2) for those with spacers...if i get 1.5" spacers, will I be cutting any excess on the studs that are on there now?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Well...Hobie's got 1.75" spacers on his and I don't think he had to trim anything. Just take off your wheel and measure the stud. If it's less than 1.5" long, then there's no trimming required.

There's a lot of shop guys out there that are idiots...they're just salesmen trying to make more money. The place I got my colored gauge cluster bulbs from (ricer shop) tried to tell me the bulbs I wanted wouldn't work and that I should custom fit some stupid LED things that were like $10 each. Moron. I wouldn't be there asking for something if I didn't know that it worked already. :roll:

Also, 31x10.5 tires will fit on the stock rims...but not if your truck is the stock height I don't think. Then the biggest is a 30x9.5" I think.

As for the stress on the wheel bearings...I don't know. I doubt it would cause problems though. Of course...I could be wrong. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Jim wrote:Try here:

At this link:http://www.performancewheel.com/

I'm real happy with mine :D

Hey Jim, is yours the same thread size as stock? I got Aim's which I am very happy with, but it was a pain to go out and get lugs for the adaptor and wheel cause the studs where diff. :?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

you dont need to get spacers for rubbing issues. you can fir 31's on stock just fine. if you get spacers for looks, get any size you want and you will not have any problems. (providing that you are gettings spacers for the rear and not the front?)
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Quickbiker wrote:Hey Jim, is yours the same thread size as stock? I got Aim's which I am very happy with, but it was a pain to go out and get lugs for the adaptor and wheel cause the studs where diff.

Same as stock :D . I did some research before purchasing. If your going to build spacers as custom order they should be correct :!:

The stock studs on my truck stick out from the rotor 1"+ so I went with 1 1/4" spacers any smaller the studs may have needed ground down. Crew Cabs track is exactly 2" wider in the front than the rear.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Jim wrote:Same as stock :D . I did some research before purchasing. If your going to build spacers as custom order they should be correct :!:

Do you have a part number for your spacers or were they custom ordered? How much were they?
[size=75]Mark
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Jim,

I tried orderring from your webiste and I couldnt get it...which truck did u put down....part #?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

get 3" spacers and look all stupid wide :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:get 3" spacers and look all stupid wide :lol:

I'll do that...right after I get some gold spoke Daytons and 4" tread width white wall tires. :lol:

Also...your use of the word "stupid" is incorrect. It's "stoopid." :D
[size=75]Mark
Jim

Post by Jim »

Justin wrote:Jim,

I tried orderring from your webiste and I couldnt get it...which truck did u put down....part #?

There web site isn't up to date use a 1998 Blazer

I had to Email them for a Quote just to be sure...as follows:

Jim

2 1.25" spacer with shipping and lugs is $132.50 if you have more questions

or to order please feel free to call me at 303-880-6829

Have a nice day

Becky

----- Original Message -----

To: <info@performancewheel.com>

Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 5:37 PM

Subject: Order Form

> Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by

> (jimweis@ptd.net) on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 17:37:38

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

>

> Address:

> City: Lancaster

> State: PA

> Zip: 17601

> Year: 2002

> Make: S-10

> Model: Crew Cab 4x4

> Choice: More Info

> Specifics: I would like a complete quote on two 1-1/4" thick wheel

spacers including 10 appropriate lug nuts.

> Send: Submit

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

>
Last edited by Jim on Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:
a2b wrote:get 3" spacers and look all stupid wide :lol:

I'll do that...right after I get some gold spoke Daytons and 4" tread width white wall tires. :lol:

Also...your use of the word "stupid" is incorrect. It's "stoopid." :D

i actually had some idoit gehto friends of mine tell me to put some 20" 100 spoke daytons on my truck :shock:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The whole "More stress on bearings because of spacers" is a CROCK :twisted:

All you are doing is reducing the rear spacing of the wheel!

We have a 6" rear spaced wheel , by adding 1.5" spacers you reduce it to 4.5" rear spacing.

If they try to sell you wheels to correct the front / rear track difference they would have to sell you wheels with 4.5" rear spacing. So what makes them any better on bearings? No difference!

I think they are refering to the thinner spacers that slip (not bolt) in behind the wheels , usually 1/2" or less, they can add stress to the lugs.

Sorry for the vent :oops:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:i actually had some idoit gehto friends of mine tell me to put some 20" 100 spoke daytons on my truck :shock:

Get da dubs yo! Dat would be tite! And phat! Or something...

:lol:
[size=75]Mark
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:
a2b wrote:i actually had some idoit gehto friends of mine tell me to put some 20" 100 spoke daytons on my truck :shock:

Get da dubs yo! Dat would be tite! And phat! Or something...

:lol:

yes it would be fresh fly rediculous 8) :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea Jim, I am running 1.25" spacers in the rear and I just hit it lucky that they are the most narrow you can run with the studs about a mm receded from the surface, and I got lugs to take it to the surface also. And being the front is 2" wider like you say, that makes it a 1/2" wider in the rear, makes it nice and stable.

I do buff my frame behind the front wheels at full lock, so I am thinking to move the front spacers up front and get like 2.25" spacers for the rear or maybe 2.5", dunno yet. 2.25" would make the front and rear identical width, so I may go with that. Any opinions on that?

Hobbie, you prob don't have any front rub issues on a counta you took care of the problem with your wagon wheels. I like trying to stick with stock rims, but I kinda like rims that recede in a bit, but the kind I really like cost about 170/wheel. Too much to justify it. I like the lightness of the stock wheels also.

Oh, and I noticed that web site don't accept the year 2001, so it did accept 1999, I figure any of the late model S-10's or even the older ones will be identical.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I spoke to becky and she remembers your order jim, she said that the guys would take care of me just fine...I orderred 1 1/2" spacers ...where do u guys get the extra lug nuts to bolt the spacers to the axle? dealer or performance store?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Justin wrote:I spoke to becky and she remembers your order jim, she said that the guys would take care of me just fine...I orderred 1 1/2" spacers ...where do u guys get the extra lug nuts to bolt the spacers to the axle? dealer or performance store?

Ha, that's something I was gonna ask. Jim, did that brand include lugs for the spacers??? If it does, you won't need a thing Justin, just used the included lugs for the spacers and your stock ones for the wheels. That's what sucked about the AIM spacers, they included lugs, but couldn't be used cause of the diff size studs on the stock thingy.

And so Jim, do they include lugs for the spacers? And are they good ones and not the cheapy ones??? :?: Because if it don't, I might as well get the Aim ones, cause the stud are just a bit bigger and I can get good strong lugs for it too.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Look at my previous post that includes the email I sent, I had to ask for the lug nuts...like 20 cents each.
Best Regards, Jim
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Jim wrote:Look at my previous post that includes the email I sent, I had to ask for the lug nuts...like 20 cents each.

Dag, I think I'll just get the ones I got before from AIM. And 20cents each??? The ones I bought were like $2 each or something. I did find some 20cent ones at Pepboys, but I didn't like them, too weak. Thanks.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Jim wrote:Look at my previous post that includes the email I sent, I had to ask for the lug nuts...like 20 cents each.

Did the lug nuts you got only fit on the spacer studs or did they fit on the stock studs also? I'm asking because I don't want to have to figure a way to get the center caps to stay on lug nuts that aren't threaded...I'd rather use the stock nuts if posible to attach the wheel to the spacer so that the center caps will just screw right on.
[size=75]Mark
Jim

Post by Jim »

AZS10Crew wrote:

Did the lug nuts you got only fit on the spacer studs or did they fit on the stock studs also? I'm asking because I don't want to have to figure a way to get the center caps to stay on lug nuts that aren't threaded...I'd rather use the stock nuts if posible to attach the wheel to the spacer so that the center caps will just screw right on.

Same thread on the spacers as the stock crewcab studs, sapcer studs are 1/4" longer though. Same taper to the nut seat area also. They seem to do it right.
Best Regards, Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

just last week a guy put spacers on and they feel off. luckily no one was hurt, but it could of been deathly.

SO EVERYONE, PUT LOCKTIGHT ON YOUR SPACERS!!!

be super safe :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Jim

Post by Jim »

a2b wrote:just last week a guy put spacers on and they feel off. luckily no one was hurt, but it could of been deathly.

The instructions that came with mine said to retorque at 100 mi. maybe they only retorqued the wheels not the spacers :oops:
Best Regards, Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes retorque!!! after driving on them. i always check them when i rotate my tires which will be this week again before i drive 2k miles on the 15th.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I did order from http://www.truckn-store.com/ and specified to get 12mm studs. I don't know why I didn't do that last time. Anyhow the price looks less than the other place and comes with lug nuts. :)
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:I did order from http://www.truckn-store.com/ and specified to get 12mm studs. I don't know why I didn't do that last time. Anyhow the price looks less than the other place and comes with lug nuts. :)

same place i ordered mine :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote:

I did order from http://www.truckn-store.com/ and specified to get 12mm studs. I don't know why I didn't do that last time. Anyhow the price looks less than the other place and comes with lug nuts. icon_smile.gif

same place i ordered mine
Me too :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote:just last week a guy put spacers on and they feel off. luckily no one was hurt, but it could of been deathly.

I wonder how tight he put them? And how can they just fall off without noticing the loosiness first??? :?: Something fishy there.

I put mine on with my air impact driver, then tightened them to 100 foot pounds. They haven't budged since. :roll:
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

I've got them 1.25" spacer, and have checked them too for tightness. In my area though, they are "illegal". So when Inspection is due, I'll just take them off.

:idea: Could you use locktite on the lugs, or would that be a bad thing? I've used locktite before on headers, stuff for the body lift,... but never lugs. What do you guys think?
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]