5" TM lift - pssssst, I know of someone else that did i

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

5" TM lift - pssssst, I know of someone else that did i

Post by quickbiker »

Hey, I'm not sure if he's in this group, but someone has just successfully put on the 5" TM lift over the past weekend. He used my web site for the only source for the lift for our truck. I do have to make a little write up some time. I'm just always afraid to recommend something that a manufacturer doesn't recommend yet, cause, well, you know, even though I thought it went on very good.

I thought I'd just pass it on. I don't want to say anything identifiying this guy, just in case he wants to remain anonomous.

But it looks like now there are 2 susp lifted cc's in the whole world now! :thumb:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Hopefully he lives out west so I can bribe him to do one for my truck. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

AZS10Crew wrote:Hopefully he lives out west so I can bribe him to do one for my truck. :D

You can bribe me, how much ya got? :)
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Not enough to get you all the way to Phoenix...or me to VA. :)

Of course, if you're planning a vacation in the near future, Phoenix is very nice in the winter. Lots of golf and sunshine and people who need help with lift kits. :lol:
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 5" TM lift - pssssst, I know of someone else that d

Post by Conman »

quickbiker wrote:Hey, I'm not sure if he's in this group, but someone has just successfully put on the 5" TM lift over the past weekend. He used my web site for the only source for the lift for our truck. I do have to make a little write up some time. I'm just always afraid to recommend something that a manufacturer doesn't recommend yet, cause, well, you know, even though I thought it went on very good.

I thought I'd just pass it on. I don't want to say anything identifiying this guy, just in case he wants to remain anonomous.

But it looks like now there are 2 susp lifted cc's in the whole world now! :thumb:

Spill the beans and WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!!! :evil:

Can't wait to see another one!

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Trailmaster suspension lift

Post by Socaldave »

There is a dealer near me in Redlands, California who had 2 Crewcabs lifted and sold them on their lot. The dealer was Tom Bell Chevrolet and the place that lifted them was called Suspension Dimension in San Bernardino. I talked with them and they adapted a kit for either a S-10 Blazer 4x4 or a standard S-10 4x4. Can't remember right now which one it was! Anyway there was some modifications necessary. The trucks looked real good. They also said a rep from Trailmaster had checked out the install and modifications for future reference.

Socaldave
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Nice...hopefully that means TM will be coming out with a kit specifically for ours. If not, then I'll have to make a trip to San Bernardino. :D
[size=75]Mark
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

old news :lol: there is somebody else that is either a new member as of sept. or someone just emailed me, they live in missouri and they have the crew cab with TM on it. so that makes 3 and the 2 on that lot in cali, so that makes 5 i guess :shock:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Trailmaster suspension lift

Post by Conman »

Socaldave wrote:There is a dealer near me in Redlands, California who had 2 Crewcabs lifted and sold them on their lot. The dealer was Tom Bell Chevrolet and the place that lifted them was called Suspension Dimension in San Bernardino. I talked with them and they adapted a kit for either a S-10 Blazer 4x4 or a standard S-10 4x4. Can't remember right now which one it was! Anyway there was some modifications necessary. The trucks looked real good. They also said a rep from Trailmaster had checked out the install and modifications for future reference.

Socaldave

I wish my dealer was like that. When I lived in FL, the chevy dealer there did mods like that(lifted and lowered). Yes they charged a lot for them, but atleast you could finance it with the truck and they still honored the factory warr. Very sweet.

If Trailmaster "OKs" the setup on the crew, I would consider getting the lift over looking at the Colorado as it will save me money(compared to buy a new truck) and the Crew will be out of warr(well, atleast the factory warr.) by then.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

AZS10Crew wrote:Not enough to get you all the way to Phoenix...or me to VA. :lol:

Well, I'm in Virginia. In fact I'm probably less than 10 miles from Quickbiker. My problem is getting the lift kit past my wife! :x
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

GaryH wrote:Well, I'm in Virginia. In fact I'm probably less than 10 miles from Quickbiker. My problem is getting the lift kit past my wife! :x

That would be a significant challenge for me too. Come to think of it...probably harder than getting him here to Phoenix. :lol:
[size=75]Mark
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

GaryH wrote:Well, I'm in Virginia. In fact I'm probably less than 10 miles from Quickbiker. My problem is getting the lift kit past my wife! :x

Wowzers, your are close, prob is less than 10. I used to hang out that way years back. You outa check out CORE club. They are a great bunch, and we have allot of fun. Be great to have another CC in there! :)
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote:old news :lol: there is somebody else that is either a new member as of sept. or someone just emailed me, they live in missouri and they have the crew cab with TM on it. so that makes 3 and the 2 on that lot in cali, so that makes 5 i guess :shock:

Wowzers. I still like to think I was the first one? Unofficially official? :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

GaryH wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:Not enough to get you all the way to Phoenix...or me to VA. :lol:

Well, I'm in Virginia. In fact I'm probably less than 10 miles from Quickbiker. My problem is getting the lift kit past my wife! :x

dont tell her, if she is like most women, she wont even notice the difference :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

a2b wrote:dont tell her, if she is like most women, she wont even notice the difference :lol:

Oh, trust me. She'll notice! She has learned to keep an eye on me. Ever since I went out to buy a "small cheap used riding lawnmower" and came home with a Farmall Cub tractor (small farm tractor for those that don't know) with a 5' mower deck on it. We only have a 1/2 acre! It sits in the garage while her car is out in the weather and yes, I was living in the garage for a few days too!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

excellent story :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

My wife would never have stood for that! :shock:
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Hey,

got pics of the new trailmaster lifted crew?

I think you listed some gotchas on the last forum, but if you can list the quirks in the install again, that would be great.

After getting new tires for my Trooper, the S10 feels even lower. :x The Trooper now has a 1.5" lift and 265/70-16(30.5" tall). So for now, I'm planning on leveling out the truck by cranking the front up some. But if I get bigger tires, I would need a lift. The 2" body lift would not be too much to buy, but since I have the factory side steps and the hitch, it will cause a gap I'm not sure I would like.

Cheers,

Con
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:I have the factory side steps and the hitch, it will cause a gap I'm not sure I would like.
So raise them too. It shouldn't be much more than drilling a couple holes to raise the hitch, the bars wouldn't be too hard to do with a little looking and thinking.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Conman wrote:Hey,

got pics of the new trailmaster lifted crew?

I think you listed some gotchas on the last forum, but if you can list the quirks in the install again, that would be great.

After getting new tires for my Trooper, the S10 feels even lower. :x The Trooper now has a 1.5" lift and 265/70-16(30.5" tall). So for now, I'm planning on leveling out the truck by cranking the front up some. But if I get bigger tires, I would need a lift. The 2" body lift would not be too much to buy, but since I have the factory side steps and the hitch, it will cause a gap I'm not sure I would like.

Cheers,

Con

OK, I finally made a small page for a few tips for installing the TM lift. Here it is: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/bikes_n_4x ... 10lift.htm

I am also going to put a small page together that lists all my mods. I think my mods work very well for off-road, nothing to wild, just practical.

And it also looks like Smitty built has bought Trailmaster, so maybe they will get TM in high gear to get some updated kits. TM has always been known for their ifs lifts, so this may be good news.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

sweet, i will make a link to it in the mod section of the site
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\