Auto four wheel drive

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

mi2kga
Regular
Regular

Auto four wheel drive

Post by mi2kga »

Does anyone know if we could get a selector switch for the blazer 4x4? These have a 4hi/low and a 2hi, but they also have auto4. I think this would be great in the snow as sometimes i find myself switching back and forth. I am not 100% sure but i would think that it could be done... Also along the same lines, what about getting an auto climate control unit and putting it in our trucks?

What do you guys think?

Kent
Thanks

Kent
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

mi2kga wrote:they also have auto4.
That would require changing transfercases too, From what I understand.

As for the climate control, I'm not sure what it is you are refering to.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes, i think it would be the same transfer case but the control module i think i different and that might very well mean that you would change. IMO its not worth it.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jim

Re: Auto four wheel drive

Post by Jim »

mi2kga wrote:what about getting an auto climate control unit and putting it in our trucks?

What do you guys think?

Kent
My experience with climate controls has not been good. Who do you want to control the temp you or it...my last vehicle had climate control the S-10 is a refreshing change :D
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
mi2kga
Regular
Regular

Post by mi2kga »

I want the climate control because with a remote start it would make things soo much eezzzzzer. The auto 4x4 was just a thought, i think i will look into these and keep you all posted...
Thanks

Kent
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

I had that "Auto" 4X4 in my 99 Jimmy, and I loved it. I used it all summer long during the heavy rain storms. I wish I had it in the Crew.

What I did in the past with the 4X4 I owned without the "Auto" mode was to just pop it in the 4X4HI. It works fine.

Now, does the climate control come with the leather package in the Crew, like in the old Blazers, and Jimmys?
Jim

Post by Jim »

anvil wrote:
Now, does the climate control come with the leather package in the Crew, like in the old Blazers, and Jimmys?

Climate control doesn't come with the leather package. It's only the seats that are different...that's one of my gripes the door panels are the cloth material used in the standard interior :!: . With the blazer leather, they change out the door panels also.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

mi2kga wrote:I want the climate control because with a remote start it would make things soo much eezzzzzer.

yes, i know. i have one :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

anvil wrote:I had that "Auto" 4X4 in my 99 Jimmy, and I loved it. I used it all summer long during the heavy rain storms. I wish I had it in the Crew.

What I did in the past with the 4X4 I owned without the "Auto" mode was to just pop it in the 4X4HI. It works fine.

Yeah, two options I wish they put in the s10 from the blazer was the Auto(AWD) for street use like in rain and the power sunroof(which they just added but only for extended cabs).

I did not realize that the blazer had upgraded door panels with the leather option :x so I would have wanted that as well. Auto climate would be good too as my Trooper has it. With the Crew, I have to crank it on high but if I let it warm up too long, it's a oven!

The only other option I would have liked to have is a defroster for the rear window like the fullsize models. Well, I would like the ZR2 package also but that's another story..... ;)

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes, the s-10 can be used as oven when needed :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

You're right Conman, I miss my sunfoof too!

I did call the dealer, and he knows of a company that will install one for me. It would be the stock unit, just like the Jimmy/Blazer.

I like that bit of fresh air coming in the car without opening a window. On hot days with a threat of a shower, I left the sunroof open in the vent mode. As long as it wasn't a downpoor, the interior never got wet. Kept the interior cool too.

If the Crew's had a rear window like the Sport Trac, you could put a ventvisor over it, and leave the window down a bit.

Oh yeah, I had the side window vent visors on a previous truck, actually one of my first trucks, and never, ever liked them. To me, it did obstuct my view.

My next Crew will have a sunroof.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i want a convertable. i think i can get it done here for 2k
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\