fabritech kit looks good.

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

fabritech kit looks good.

Post by quickbiker »

www.setstr8.com/GM_Sseries.htm

:thumb:

Saw this thing up close today. He was playing in the snow and so was I. Looks allot better up close than in the picture. The components and linkage look very strong. Gives me plans for a future mod for my truck! And the guy that makes them is not far from me in Culpeper, VA.

He is run'n the dana 30 with 4.56's. He still running the stock yoke output for the front t-case. And I thought mine looked stressed. He says the guy is working on something better for it. That was my concern. I already am looking for a replacement for mine. My front shaft has a bit of vibration in 4 hi on the road.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

the s-10 would be much better off road with that dana 30 up front. of course a dana 44 would be even better cuz then you could throw a locker in there, and now you can officially go places you couldnt go before, but not until you get that front locker :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

How was the rear coil over conversion? I noticed the crew has way too much wheel hop.

Would those "load" leveler helper springs help or do I need to just get ladder bar?

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

coil over rides good and all but i prefer leaf springs. espically for rock crawlin. if you break a coil, you are screwed
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:I noticed the crew has way too much wheel hop.
What about going with the "third" shock set-up for the rear?

My neighbors '96 ex cab 4.3l 5spd 2wd S-10 has it stock, and he can fry tires all day without wheel hop.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yep, once i get a trail vehicle, i am going to do the 3rd shock set up.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:
Conman wrote:I noticed the crew has way too much wheel hop.
What about going with the "third" shock set-up for the rear?

My neighbors '96 ex cab 4.3l 5spd 2wd S-10 has it stock, and he can fry tires all day without wheel hop.

My guess it that it will hurt flex. Plus the shock is way to pricey.

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:My guess it that it will hurt flex. Plus the shock is way to pricey.
From looking at it. I don't think it would hinder suspension travel, much if any.

I haven't looked, but a trip to the parts store and they should be able to find a shock with the correct dimensions.

It is a little early to be looking for one in the salvage yards around here, but I'm keeping my eyes open for one. ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:
Conman wrote:My guess it that it will hurt flex. Plus the shock is way to pricey.
From looking at it. I don't think it would hinder suspension travel, much if any.

I haven't looked, but a trip to the parts store and they should be able to find a shock with the correct dimensions.

It is a little early to be looking for one in the salvage yards around here, but I'm keeping my eyes open for one. ;)

I was looking over that article again at s10planet. Do we have the bottom 3rd shock mount on ours? I don't remember seeing one, but I have not taken a look in a while. Also, I don't think you can just find a shock the same size because the valving on this one is unknown, so you won't know what to get.

Also, this should be good for the streets, but this will affect flex off-road cause the pass. side will have some resistance compared to the driver side. If it was on both sides, this would make it more even. But for on-road and dirt roads, should be fine though.

I'm planning on off-roading with the crew more and less with the trooper so I'm not sure I want to use the 3rd shock. Plus since I haul my Bike around, Probably I will look into those heavy duty helper springs which should help with the wheel hop some also. Hmm.....

Thanks,

Con
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

What about these:

http://www.seffects.com/catalog/product ... Suspension It's about $166 but will need drilling.

This will eat into ground clearance some though as it mounts under the leaf to the frame like this:

Con
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yeah i see those one every full size truck around here. big ole things, they use them for the sand
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\