Procomp rims * sweet * but will they fit?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Procomp rims * sweet * but will they fit?

Post by cdnuser »

I want to order a set of procomp rims but I am not sure they will fit.

http://www.procomptires.com/pxa8179.html

I think this one will fit..

Size 15x8
bolt circle 5x4.75
offset -19mm
backspacing 3.75"

100k limit for images-HJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not enough rearspacing. Another inch might work.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

HenryJ wrote:Not enough rearspacing. Another inch might work.
By rearspacing you mean backspacing? Forgive my newbie ignorance but an inch as in lower # or higher? LOL

PS I just read your "The Marvelous Mystery Lift" very helpful. Being a lift newbie I still find it hard to wrap my brain around spacing, offset, skackles, buckles and whips. Umm sorry wrong forum. :oops:

......edit

Before adding new rims and tires...
I am planning to add a 2" PA bodylift. Is there anything I should keep in mind when I do this? I know I should do an alignment but just curious if anyone had any pointers.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

More rearspacing/backspacing=bigger number

No alignment needed for a bodylift. That is done after the t-bar crank.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

Oh well they only offer 3.75 backingspacing on the 8" rim.

How much cutting would 3.75 require? What part of the tire would rub?? I am in love with these rims and it would be great if I could find a way for them to fit. Farily hard finding the s10 bolt pattern in a rim I like.

The only rims I can usally find are flashy iced rims for low riders.

Low Riders are for guys who can't get it up! LOL :shock:
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

what size tires do you want to run....if you stay around 30 or a small 31, i think those rims would fit with some trimming.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

bwenny247 wrote:what size tires do you want to run....if you stay around 30 or a small 31, i think those rims would fit with some trimming.

I would be perfectly fine with 30. I think the tires I have on now are P235/75R15 105Q
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Put a front tire up on the curb, or a single ramp. Turn your tire to the point they are closest to the rear of the front fender. Measure that distance. That is what you have available to work with.

30" tires will reduce that by .25-.50". Those wheels are 1" wider and have 2.25" less rearspacing. Add that all up. If you have four inches of clearance, they just might work.
I don't think you have that much room.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

Thanks for all the help.

Where theres a will theres a way!

Just so I am clear. 3.75 backspacing does not push the rim far enough outwards ( I would need as close to 5 as possible ) so when I turn the tire it will rub the fender? This is a deeper dish rim correct? Would use of a spacer help?

Also the rim has an offset of -19mm, how does this work?

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

cdnuser wrote:Just so I am clear. 3.75 backspacing does not push the rim far enough outwards ( I would need as close to 5 as possible ) so when I turn the tire it will rub the fender?
Reverse your thought process. :wink:

3.75" of back spacing puts the rim too far outward.

You need to go inward. :wink:

Stock is 6" so you need to stay as close to that as possible.

A rim with 4.75" of back spacing would be the minimum I would use, although it would be better to find one with 5"-6" of back spacing.

Steve
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

I guess GM didn't make the wheel wells big eough for the s10. I have noticed that the new colorado is able to fit a bigger tire and rim.

Has anyone got any ideas where I can find a similar rim, Black with chome lip, that will fit our s10?

Does offset have any factor?

Thanks
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

Well I just got off the phone with a few companies that make rims, American racing and Procomp.

Both said that the 15x8 5x4.75 with 3.75 backspacing will fit our trucks.
I said I know that the bolt parttern will fit but the back spacing is too low. Both times the person double checked and said that with a 2" body lift the rims will fit depending on the type and size of the tire.

American racing went as far to say that the 5x4.75 3.75 was offered mainly for s10s. They have an Outlaw II rim for our truck

Hummm, Are they miss informed or is our CC that much different than regular s10 4wds?

The one guy at Procomp actually didn't even know that there was a cc s10.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

that'll fit just fine... as long as you never turn :lol:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

cdnuser wrote:Well I just got off the phone with a few companies that make rims, American racing and Procomp.

Both said that the 15x8 5x4.75 with 3.75 backspacing will fit our trucks..
Ask them if they will fit a Hombre 4x4 with an S-series frontend, or a south american s-series.
I think I would listen more to the people who own crew cabs and are NOT trying to sell you wheels.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Ask them if they will fit a Hombre 4x4 with an S-series frontend, or a south american s-series.
I think I would listen more to the people who own crew cabs and are NOT trying to sell you wheels.
I wasn't far from your line of reasoning and learned the hard way too. These suckers are unique! Barch just changed backspacing on stock sized tires and had rub.

Even though each crew is different, you can find out anything you want to know about them here of from searching and reading old threads.

One retailer that is pretty good about what options that we have is tirerack.com and the choices are slim pickens there.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Yeah, they would probably work, if you went with a SMALLER tire than stock.

I like CENTERLINE wheels. Variety and I got to pick my BS.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

I would agree.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

f9k9 wrote:I wasn't far from your line of reasoning and learned the hard way too. These suckers are unique! Barch just changed backspacing on stock sized tires and had rub.
tru dat yo
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

dumb question...i know. but i want these rims bad but the backspacing is 3.75 and i want 31's can it happen or am i really sol
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

anyone??
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I have a friend with a blazer who only had a tb crank. He fit rims with a backspacing similar to that and 31s. It would be best to try before you buy if possible but I'd be inclined to think they would fit if theres clearance as the fender lip would come down a little.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

well i got the rims and the 31's so i guess well see. wish me luck lol. i guess if it dosnt work i can make a profit on the resale since the rim shop sells the combo for 500 more