What lift?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

rjd104crew

What lift?

Post by rjd104crew »

I am having a hard time trying to decide which lift kit to get for my truck. It's between a trail master 5" or a superlift 6". My main problem is I want different wheels and it's hard as hell to find some to fit right.(not much to choose from). When I bought my truck it came with some 18" Boss wheels and don't really want to keep them. Any suggestions on the pros and cons with the lifts, and wheels.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You only have a BDS 5" and a SL 6" to choose from (excluding the 2" SL lift if, it is still available). What are your goals to do with the lift? Either are fine as a mall cruiser but, many that have them wish they hadn't! There are serious exceptions to the rule and maybe you should PM Steve2003 and a few others.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rjd104crew

Post by rjd104crew »

Okay I will pm steve2003 for some guidance. If anyone else can spare some advice it will be greatly appreciated.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

rjd104crew wrote:Okay I will pm steve2003 for some guidance. If anyone else can spare some advice it will be greatly appreciated.
I sincerely did not mean to come across as you may have took me. Many are happy with the lifts. Maybe a thread with what your intentions are and ask the members who have had both lifts and then switched to a SFA set ups would be a forum to discuss the pros and cons in.

I really did word my initial response poorly and I apologize!.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rjd104crew

Post by rjd104crew »

Thats alright I understood you fine. Steve has a lift, he is one that knows first hand what to watch for. i'm cool . 8) I like your crew by the way good color. :lol:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Thanks! Guess I am used to "short buses" :wink:
cmyers-91110

Re: What lift?

Post by cmyers-91110 »

What did Steve say about the lifts because I'm very interested myself. I'm going for more looks than play.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: What lift?

Post by HenryJ »

cmyers-91110 wrote:What did Steve say about the lifts because I'm very interested myself. I'm going for more looks than play.
His username recently has been Smelton. Sold his truck and went fullsize.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK