Superlift problems?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

rjd104crew

Superlift problems?

Post by rjd104crew »

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anybody having any kind of problems after installing a superlift. I called 4-wheel parts today to talk about the 6" superlift for my CC, and I thought the dude was nice and somewhat helpful, until i asked about them doing the install. :P

Well first he told me most lifts run about $500 to $600 for the install, and I was thinking thats not to bad, but then he said well hold on a minute let me ask someone about that particular truck because there's something about the s-10"s. :?:

After waiting on hold for about five minutes he preceded to tell me he did not recommend that lift And that they WOULD NOT install that lift. :x

He said the last one they did took them SEVEN days and charged the boy $2000 just for the install. And that the frame snapped in half :blink: ,and that lift would mess up my torsion bars and some of the other front end components. He said "he would hate to sell me a lift and have my frame crack in half and stuff". This was the 4-wheel parts in memphis, TN. I think they didn't know what the heck they are doing. He also told me to use wheels with no more than 3-3/4" of backspacing-( I needing new rims the one's currently are 18 x 9 - and don't really like) I was wondering what everyone thought of that 3 -3/4 backspacing. :shrug:

Thanks in advance for the input to all. :cheers:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

You need to go somewhere else and ask the same questions about the 6" Superlift since these guys have no clue what they are talking about. :shock: :!:

Steve
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

i ran 33X12.50's on a 15" rim with 3 3/4" backspacing, no spacers. here's some pics

i thought it gave the truck a wide aggressive stance. beware though, with big tires and smaller backspacing it puts a lot of stress on the front end

also, i had 7"s of lift and had to trim the fenders to fit this setup
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

4-wheel parts here in SoCal quit selling the superlift over a year ago. It's a bitch of lift to install and a greedy store like 4-wheel parts can't make any money of the install. I'm sure they have f$$$ed up a lot of peoples trucks. Find a good reputable shop that does quality work and you should be fine. The lift is fine for mild off roading and that's about it.

Not to mention it makes are trucks look sick!
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
ZR5OnIt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ZR5OnIt »

I've had my Superlift 6" for a year & a half now, and I love it! FYI here's what I posted after I got it:

FAQ's:
-The ride is pretty good, a little bouncier when lightly loaded, but that's probably due to the Superlift shocks and the big a$$ tires.
-Gas mileage seems about the same as before. I'll have to run a few more tanks of gas through it to see.
-Install was done by 4Wheel Parts. Labor was $750.
-Handles pretty good. Adding the rear spacers made it seem a bit less tippy. Turning circle seems to be reduced though. I'd like to see if I can adjust the turning stops a bit to ease parking lot negotiation.
-Acceleration is a bit slower due to the big wide tires, but nothing I can't live with. The 4.3 is a pretty strong motor! Highway power is adequate, downshifts a bit sooner on hills. Don't know what the stock gearing is now, but so far don't feel the need for regearing. Haven't taken it offroad yet, so I reserve the right to change my mind. Speedo is about 5 MPH slow.
-No rubbing at all with cutouts! I really want 15x10 wheels cause I like the look & the tires would probably wear better. Front turning clearance may not allow it without a body lift. I'll research further to see if it can be done.
-Step rails were a must for passengers, as well as pointing out the grab handle.
-Chicks dig it, & that's always a good reason to spend money

Only problems so far-The camber had to be readjusted after about two weeks, 4Wheel Parts did it for free. Also the torsion bars tend to creak, a shot of WD40 cures it for a while, but it's a reoccuring issue. Other than that, no worries & it looks great! Check out more pics in my gallery
Image Image

Image Image
The work was done in 2 days by my local 4Wheel Parts shop for $750 labor. I'd say that shop you talked to doesn't know what they're doing. Try another shop!
[size=75]2003 ZR5, 6" Superlift, cut out flares, step rails, 1.5" rear spacers, 15x8 Pro Comp 1079 wheels w/ 3.75" BS, 33/12.50-15 BFG AT-KO tires[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

link't image over 100k forum limit

link't image over 100k forum limit

Ive got the 6in SL. Its been used and abused with no failures to date. I have the Bilsten shocks and it rides great! Wheels have 4.25in BS.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

My local shop swears by the BDS lift's. Just so you know it's another option for our trucks. It's a 5" lift though opposed to 6".
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

thats a badass blazer man, sweet :thumb:
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

I was one of the first people on this site with this lift. I've got over 50,000 miles on the lift with no problems. I will agree that it is a pain to put on. 4 wheel parts quoted me $700 for the install but I did it myself. If I could do it again I would pay them and I agree it's a ton of work and not much money to be made on the intall. I like the superlift kit but I'll be the first to say that it's for looks, as is any ifs lift. If you wanna really take an s-10 off road save your money and do a solid axle swap. If you just want a cool daily driver for light off road use then the super lift kit it for you.
[size=75]2004 s-10 crew cab with 6in. superlift, 2in. bodylift, 31x12.50 pro comp mud terrains on 15x10 eagle alloy 589's[/size]