2 inch superlift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

2 inch superlift

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT52349.aspx is that lift for our trucks?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

You don't want that lift kit since it causes more problems than it solves. :(

It does help ball joint angle a little, but it will destroy CV shafts due to the extreme angles it puts them at. :(

You are much better off with the 2" Performance Accessories body lift. :wink:

Steve
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

ahh really because i was thinking about that 2in plus the 2in body lift plus cranking the torsion bars 2 inches and making either shackels or blocks to mach the back to the front
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

If you really want that much lift then get the 6" Superlift suspension lift. :wink:

It may cost a lot more, but at least you won't be destroying parts.

If you want a good lift for a lot cheaper I would recommend the 2" body lift, 1-2" t-bar crank and either the Boise spring pack or some 2" lift shackles. :D

Steve
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

yeah the 6in superlift is really pricey thats why im thinking of other ways of lifting the front end. im getting the truck at the end of the month and dont have that much saved up for accessories and what not. think i might just get some nobby used tires and make wheel spacers, save up over the winter for a lift.what size tire can you run with just the torsion bars cranked up?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

With luck 30/9.50s on stock wheels.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
G-man

Post by G-man »

i have the 2inch lift from superlift.. and both the driver and passenger side inner boots have ripped... i am not sure if it was the increased angle or driving through cornfields but does anyone know if there is an upgraded half-shaft for our truck i have an '04
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Increase in angle. How long have you had the lift? Any balljoint problems yet?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
G-man

Post by G-man »

i've had it since last winter... i had both lower ball joints replaced when it was aligned... jus torn boots
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Stop throwing good money after bad and start saving up to have a lift done right the first time.

Once my extended warranty is expired I will begin the transformation that Paul did.

Qickbiker's SFA project
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i'll SFA your truck for you :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

come on down to the ohio valley and you can do mine as well as Reeds!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
G-man

Post by G-man »

i don't have that option right now it has 2 get me through school like it is
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Then if, you absolutely feel the need to do a minor lift then the BL, minor TB crank and shackles (or spring pack) is the way to go. Several members have gone with the SL route and ended up SFAed. Now, if, it is just a street queen or mall cruiser then that is a different story.
G-man

Post by G-man »

so if i am to go the sfa route where are good places to find info on them.. and how to's ? i was plannin on getting the 6" sl but my dad wouldn't let me because he thought it was too much money and that it would jus lead to more problems.... i told him that was the fun of it.... oh well.. i and goin 2 try to find a cheap cherokee to steal the axles and rear leafs off of ... and see what i can fab up next summer...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You need to hold off researching a lot until you get through school. If, you want to research then perform searches here, Pirate4x4.com, s-10extremists.org and any links that those searches provide you. I doubt that with a decent search that you will be unable to find an answer here or the sites that I mentioned.

I am still learning about searches. Better to find an old thread on what you are seeking and resurrecting it than to ask something that arose last week.
G-man

Post by G-man »

i don't think that my half-shafts will last me through school and i don't want 2 put money into a front end that will jus end up failing the same way.. so i guess i am jus gonna start lining up parts and plan on it for next summer .. i should have about a week to get it swapped out.. that should be a fun challenge
Black sonoma

Post by Black sonoma »

What kind and how big is that winch?
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

i wish i could do the SFA... id be able to get an axle cheap but dont know what else is needed or how to do it on a low budget.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Black sonoma wrote:What kind and how big is that winch?
Off topic, but check the link posted with the photos. 12,000 LB Mile Marker.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rebel-Chevy wrote:i wish i could do the SFA... id be able to get an axle cheap but dont know what else is needed or how to do it on a low budget.
Might be time to start a new thread if, there is interest. I love my CC but, I have to run some pretty narrow trails where I am at and the wheel base on the CC's presents a challenge. There is a fairly built up SFAed ZR2 in my club and he complains of body damage, We share the same wheel base as an extended cab. I wheel a shorter wheel base with my XJ and it has taken some hits on areas like the rain gutters. The build is gonna depend on where you wheel. I sincerely doubt if, many members are looking at making their CC a trail rig down the road. Who knows?
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

f9k9 wrote:There is a fairly built up SFAed ZR2 in my club and he complains of body damage, We share the same wheel base as an extended cab. I wheel a shorter wheel base with my XJ and it has taken some hits on areas like the rain gutters.
That's why you play in the mud :D

stay away from those trees and rocks, makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Anyways, if you're going to abuse the truck with hard 4wheeling you're lighting the fuse on the front end bomb...something's going to blow. save your money and go SFA.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
mudtaxi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mudtaxi »

there is no upgrade on the half shafts i was looking for some so i stoped in at a four wheel parts store and asked there is nothing available if you know someone who is a good machinist you could have some made or do a sfa