Realift 10" Long Arm IFS Kit

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Miles
Crew
Crew

Realift 10" Long Arm IFS Kit

Post by Miles »

Just thought you guys might like to check out this thread on ZR2USA, about this kit in testing: CLICK

Pretty interesting concept.
[size=75][b][color=orange][i]~Jeremy[/i][/color][/b]

[i][b][color=blue]'00 ZR2 Blazer, 33" KM2's on PA3's, Lock Right in Iron front diff/Detroit Locker in rear, sway-bar disco's, 1-Ton P & I Arms[/color][/b][/i]

[b][color=yellow]BlaZeR pics [/color][/b][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/b240/Muslhed/Best%20Blazer%20pics/][b][color=red]HERE[/color][/b][/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

We have been watching that one for a while now- Anyone have interest in a long arm IFS for our trucks??
gocntry 07 Apr 2007 wrote:Hmmm.... Looks Like These Guys Are Working On A Front Axle Upgrade Option? Full Size CV's And Front Diff??
I want a 9" Ford , Porsche axles, tube a-arms, and here it is-
Image RaceWorks

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

Cool! I knew of that thread, but didn't think to check it before I posted.

[i][b][color=blue]'00 ZR2 Blazer, 33" KM2's on PA3's, Lock Right in Iron front diff/Detroit Locker in rear, sway-bar disco's, 1-Ton P & I Arms[/color][/b][/i]

[b][color=yellow]BlaZeR pics [/color][/b][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/b240/Muslhed/Best%20Blazer%20pics/][b][color=red]HERE[/color][/b][/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.
That really is a nice way to go about it. Using readily available parts is always a good choice.

All I have seen has been for that one build. No real status on a kit or further development. After six months you would think there would be some progress if they were serious.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

ok ok, well after carrying on a few weeks of conversation with this guy, and then he quit about three weeks ago. I have about four emails of pictures of the kit for the s10, its not bad! Let me see if I can get some pictures posted up...Ill post a link in a minute.
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

!

Post by purduecrew »

ok heres the email conversation in order...

First Email:

Brandon,
Here are some pics attached of the prototype kit! This is ~ what the kit
will look like, if and when it is in mass production! The 8.2 IFS drive
train was axed, primarily because it wasn't near as beefy as the 9.2 IFS
drivetrain parts, and testing proved it to be marginally better than the S-10
drivetrain!
All 3 axle sizes and Cv shafts are included in the pics attached!

I'll send some more pics later!!
Thanks,
Jeremiah
Heres those pictures linked up:
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/ ... 20REALIFT/

Second Email:

The shocks will mount in the original upper and lower locations!! The
shocks on the vehicle before these mods will still work perfect! Whalla!!
Not sure on the 99-06 1/2 ton cast a-arms! Unsure on the 99-06 Steering
knuckle and brake calipers too!!
For the most part I feel the 88-98 parts should be easy to come by since
there a BZillion of them out there!!
Get some more pics soon, planned on it today, but Dig. cam battery dead!
Thanks,
Jeremiah

Third Email:

Here's some more pics! Testing this kit to the Extreme's will commence
shortly. Just another week or so of work and it will be totally ready! Just
need to finish tightening everything, and get a different fron U-joint that
accepts the S-10 driveshaft / 9.25" front axle yoke!
Can't wait!! It's going to be fun to have a front axle setup that can
handle 2.9 times more axle torque than the stock S-10 axle setup. This is
according to AAM's claimed front axle capacities.

Link to Pictures:
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/ ... d%20Email/

As you can see, its basically a bulletproof Superlift...

WELL CRAP! I just looked at the link after getting all of this uploaded off my email. Oh well, might as well post it!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

purduecrew wrote:ok ok, well after carrying on a few weeks of conversation with this guy, and then he quit about three weeks ago. I have about four emails of pictures of the kit for the s10, its not bad! Let me see if I can get some pictures posted up...Ill post a link in a minute.
What do you mean...."He quit"? Did he stop communicating with you, quit the project, or his job? Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Thank you for posting his pics! I plan on calling him tomorrow to pick his brain.

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

I meant he quit responding after I sent my last email. Maybe he was out beating on the truck??? :wink:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

HenryJ wrote: That really is a nice way to go about it. Using readily available parts is always a good choice.

What are your thoughts regarding the use of two lower control arms to form the independant suspension? Would you have any concerns about the suspension geometry, or alignment issues with that type of setup?

I am curious as to what kind of cam he is using to set the caster on the upper /lower S-10 control arm. It would seem to me that his positioning of the lower 1 ton control arm, would be critical to a decent alignment.

Thoughts?

Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

No thoughts? :lol: It's a ghost town in here!

HELLO...HEllo....hello...ooo...oo..o

*echos*

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I see no problem in using OEM a-arms. Properly mounted they would align just fine.
I do not see enough detail to offer a good opinion of this "kit". Actually I think it is a very long way from "kit" form.
I does look like a fairly decent graft. I worry some about the integrity of some of the work I see in photos. Those round tubes on the front worry me. They are not end welded 100%. Laid and welded to one side is a little flaky.

I am playing wait and see. I don't have high expectations for a kit to be affordable, let alone available.
I can see a few good shops offering installations, but getting it all set straight may be a bit more involved than most are capable of doing.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Just Received The Following E-mail From Jeremiah.....
Jeremiah wrote: Hi, just though I'd let you know that the S-10 kit may become a reality. There has been a fair amount of interest in it, and If we can get more people interested. It will become a reality for all! The new sub frame kit, accepts the 1 ton 9.25" GM/AAM front diff, and 1 ton CV shafts, which are ~ 2.9 times stronger than the stock S-10 parts. One of the best parts about the kit is 15" rims can be used since the kit accepts the use of 1/2 ton 6 lug suspension, steering knuckles, brakes, and wheel bearings. That saves a lot of money on rims and tires, plus the kit allows a wide variety of wheel offsets for different track widths! The kit still requires the use of our patented Realift torsion bar relocators on the upper control arm which happens to be your original lower control arm. The kit has 16"s of ground clearance between the front wheels with 35" tires, without having steep CV angles. To keep the cv shafts safe we limit the wheel travel to ~ 10"s. The front flex is amazing!
Out back, there are a lot of options the stock rear axle can be used, with wheel spacers, 5-6 lug adapters, or recommended swap in a 1/2 ton 10 bolt 6 lug, or a 33 spline 14 bolt 9.5" 6 lug.
Attached are several OR pics! More to come soon!! When or If the kit is released "it will be perfect"!!
thanks for your continued interest,
Jeremiah
Realift1@aol.com
Jeremiah@realiftsusp.com
Toll Free: 1-866-711-7203
Personal Phone 1-520-487-2731
EDIT:

Here Are The Pics He Sent With The E-mail......

Pic #1
Pic #2
Pic #3
Pic #4

Nice Pics But Not Too Much Detail Of The Front End
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Hey Everyone! Here to help answer as many questions as I can! It has been difficult getting this kit done, mostly beacuse of time! As you all know I am busy nearly full time with my current invention. The 1 Ton S-10 kit started as something for myself and has become something that quite a few people have become intersted in. The kit is a long way off, if there isn't a big market for it, because obviously I'm unable to mass produce the kit with current Employee Status. If there is a huge interest, I'll look into a mass production at Various manufacturing facilities. The biggest reason the kit is mostly OEM is to save kit cost to the customer. Everything about the kit is overkill, Darn it!!! HA Ha Like that's a problem!! I barley have time beside what I do now, but will respond as frequently as I can. I am just waiting on the drivers side out put shaft retaining ring to come in then it's time to see if I can break anything!
"Kick back and enjoy the ride with Realift Technology"!
Jeremiah
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the forum Realifter :wave: I have been following your work and welcome alternatives to my planned D44 SFA and Ford 9" rear set up that I want to begin work on in '09. Your ideas are indeed refreshing and provocative. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Welcome Jeremiah, :wave: Glad You Made It Over Here
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

Same here! It was good conversing with you!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Hi Everyone
Glad to hear alot of enthusiasm! I was able to retrofit the 4x4 actautor for the 1 ton front ICA (Independant Carrier Assembly). One switch, engages and disengages the front wheels, and it is nice to have the option to be in 2 lo or 4lo. I can now run in 2 low, which keeps it easier to run around on high traction surfaces then just flip a switch when I need it and be in 4 lo. Posi lock will also allow the use of this too! The diff I got form the Salvage yard already had the actuator so I chose to keep it. (Eaton E-locker or ARB Air Locker)? Anyone have a preference, and why?
thanks,
Jeremiah
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Realifter wrote:.............................................(Eaton E-locker or ARB Air Locker)? Anyone have a preference, and why?
thanks,
Jeremiah
ARB hands down. I also wheel heeps and with heeps. The electric locker is just a glorified limited slip. I know the ARB compressor and lines are a PITA but, when they work they work very well. I'd go SFA before wasting money on e-lockers. That is just my 2¢. I have spent to much time holding flashlights and handing tools to Auburn owners when dark has fallen.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Ok,
After alot of thought, I will go with the ARB, since the Detroit E-locker is relatively new. I'll try and get some pics of this thing finally doing some stuff that will waste the Reg S-10 or Zr2 Axles parts.
History of S-10 breakage: 11 Cv shafts, 3 cases, 1 driven shaft, 7 tie rods, 1 rear 3rd member

After upgrading to 1/2 ton: 3 Cv shafts, 1 case, and 2 drivers side output shaft 3 tie rods

Upgrading to 1 ton: 0 so far!!
thanks for your valued opinion
Jeremiah
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Ok,
Got the ARB Installed. I have 4.10 front gears and 4.11 Rear. Try and get some pics posted doing some gnarly stuff tomorrow!
Jeremiah
www.realiftsusp.com
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Ok, I am thrilled with the overall prototype, and wouldn't worry for a second as to anyone being impressed by this! It has far exceeded my expectations! I'll get some pics over the holidays! Ill probably post a new page to the website. You'll be updated with a link in a few days!
Jeremiah
Where is everyone?
NO CLUE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by NO CLUE »

working
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

Haha Travis, I think he is asking where you are located in the states, or in your case, world!

CARL is from Washington state, and I know Im from Indiana :-)
Last edited by purduecrew on Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2003 Black CC
NO CLUE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by NO CLUE »

when did i change my name to travis :?:

carl
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

hahahaha caught red handed.... :oops:

i spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out why I put your name down as travis...and I finally figured it out after digging through all my emails and PM's :?: .

The answer was simply a guy named travis who inquired on that K&N about a day before you, Carl, did. Hahaha Im really sorry bud! I promise it was just a mental slipup! Merry Christmas over there in the sand!!!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Happy New Year!!
Hi guys I got some pics on the website with locked axles!!www.realiftsusp.com/future and www.realiftsusp.com/future1 future 1 just shows larger pics of the Rockkiller!
Jeremiah
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Anyone there?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

We are definitely here, Sir. Members here and on other forums tend to be slow when it is this time of year. I haven't had time to check out you new photos but, will soon. Might get more attention if, you can link them directly and make it a tad easier on some of us.
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Nice pictures, but when I click on one to make it bigger its not working :(
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

I'm glad to see some progress on this project!

It's the reason I haven't slapped a super lift or SFA swap on my Blazer yet!

If it doesn't make it to kit form, though... I think all of us here would like a how-to once all the bugs are worked out :lol:

Or heck, even if some of the bugs are still there! :lol:

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Since I can't even join my local off-road club with out at least 33" tires... :p
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
Realifter

Post by Realifter »

Good to hear back from y'all!
Basically at this point, I am ready to answer any questions that any one may have as frequently as posssible!
So far I got stuck one time! I got high centered on a Ford Courier P/U!! I would have made it, but my overload spring punctured through the passenger front fender so the passenger side rear wheel was unable to shred the fender. After spinning the 37" tires bruttally I dug four holes that required some whinching to get me out! From past experience I would have definitely broken stock cv axles and for the 1/2 ton cv's (?)
I'll keep updating more! http://www.realiftsusp.com/future1
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

Realifter wrote:Good to hear back from y'all!
Basically at this point, I am ready to answer any questions that any one may have as frequently as posssible!
So far I got stuck one time! I got high centered on a Ford Courier P/U!! I would have made it, but my overload spring punctured through the passenger front fender so the passenger side rear wheel was unable to shred the fender. After spinning the 37" tires bruttally I dug four holes that required some whinching to get me out! From past experience I would have definitely broken stock cv axles and for the 1/2 ton cv's (?)
I'll keep updating more! http://www.realiftsusp.com/future1

That's the kind of durability I need for my style of 4x4ing... Foot to the floor until she don't go no more! lol.

Or at least can take a good beating like my old Lumina Z34 could... I haven't wheel my Blazer as hard as I have that car yet...

Have you done any kind of airborne testing? lol, would it handle some light jumps?
NO CLUE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by NO CLUE »

is this dead :?:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

NO CLUE wrote:is this dead :?:
Less than a month lapse? I doubt it. Ask again in 6 months :wink:
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

Hopefully he's busy working on it :D
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4