Rancho RS 5000'S Review

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rancho RS 5000'S Review

Post by ZIGGY K »

Put a set of 4 ranchos on about 2 weeks ago. Shocks are very,very, very stiff! Have not been 4 wheeling with them yet. but on the highway ,doing 70-75 , felt EVERY bump :x Will these shocks relax after awhile ,or should I have listened to Henry J . Did I mention there very stiff ?
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

I don't know about how yours will do but a buddy of mine has them on his F-150 and they are the worst shock hes ever had (according to him). He said they did relax a bit but not much. I rode with him after we put them on and it was what I call a back breaker (country back roads with chunks of road missing). I rode with him last week about 1 month after the install and it is minimally better (in our opinions) he is going to change them when he suspension lifts in December. Just my 2 cents, HenryJ is really good with these trucks and knowledgeable as well as all the other guys on here. I don't trust anybody but these guys because I know the info I am getting is right.
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

RS5000's are notoriously stiff, espescially for a lighter rig like yours. Bilsteins or bust!
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Yep, I Have / Had The Rancho's On My Truck...... I Switched To Bilsteins On The Front Cuz I Trashed The Rancho's. But I'm Still Running Them On The Rear. I Like The Bilsteins Better.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

Do the bilsteins make the ride much more comfortable now ?