Question For You Guys With The 6" Superlift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Question For You Guys With The 6" Superlift

Post by gocntry »

With The Reading I Have Done Lately Is Seems The 6" superlift For The ZR2 Model Has New Upper Control Arms,

But The Non Zr2 Lift Uses The Factory Upper Control Arms,

But The 5" Non Zr2 BDS Lift Has New Upper Control Arms.

It Seems This Has To Do With Shock Interference

So You Guys That Have The 6" Superlift Non Zr2 Did You Get New Control Arms Or Does The Lift Use The Factory Upper Control Arms??
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
PSUJimm
Regular
Regular

Re: Question For You Guys With The 6" Superlift

Post by PSUJimm »

gocntry wrote:With The Reading I Have Done Lately Is Seems The 6" superlift For The ZR2 Model Has New Upper Control Arms,

But The Non Zr2 Lift Uses The Factory Upper Control Arms,

But The 5" Non Zr2 BDS Lift Has New Upper Control Arms.

It Seems This Has To Do With Shock Interference

So You Guys That Have The 6" Superlift Non Zr2 Did You Get New Control Arms Or Does The Lift Use The Factory Upper Control Arms??
It uses the factory. Basically the kit just drops the mounting position and lets you use the factory arms. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats the deal. My kit is sitting in my backseat right now, just waiting for a rainy day...
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

i believe, and don't quote me on this, that the BDS kit uses new upper control arms to accomodate oversized shocks?

i remember emailing back and forth with BDS when i was waiting on the kits debut and they explained most of the kit to me. but i don't recall what they had to say about the UCAs
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

I know Im late, But they use factory control arms. They are pretty close to the shock too...Id like to get a set of the BDS arms and put them on.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]