torshion bars keys lift ?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

torshion bars keys lift ?

Post by philippe »

sorry i am a french men,my english is not so good!!! i want to lift my cc 2002,6 in. on suspention should be nice but to expensive for now.i tink to buy torshion bars keys,they said it s good to lift from one to tree inches.it is a good thing(c.v join),do i have to change my chuck(rancho 5000)tanks for the help and like s-10 crewcab.com!!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome. A search for 2" keys or 2" suspension lift should offer threads to read. Torsion bar keys is another phrase to search for.
Basically, it is not a good idea. It is cheap , but puts the CV joints at a severe angle and also moves the ball joints to a bad position. This causes premature failure in all but the least used service.
You can crank the stock keys up a little. Look to our website for information on how to do this.
The cheapest lift is a 2" bodylift. I do not know what is allowed in France. If it is acceptable that would be my recommendation. This too has information on our website.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:..............The cheapest lift is a 2" bodylift. I do not know what is allowed in France.................................
Pssssst, Brule, he's only north of us :wink:

Welcome to the site :wave:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Guess I should read the address too. Frenchmen live everywhere :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by philippe »

tanks for tips!i have 2in. bodylift , cranked torsion bar and add a leaf spring.where can i order a 6in super lift at the best price?tanks.