Accident/ Replace all 4?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

jist1983
Regular
Regular

Accident/ Replace all 4?

Post by jist1983 »

I was in an Accident with my CC just over 2 weeks ago. Its currently in the shop maybe for another week or so. The Passenger rear tire was scraped up a bit on the side along with the rim. They are buffing out the scratches on the rim and cleaned up the tire a bit. He claims its not that bad but if i want it replaced he will replace that one!!!! I argued with him that i wanted all 4 replaced i can't replace just one it will ruin the 4 wheel drive (when i use it) He said we will cross that bridge when we get there if i still feel that the tire is messed up. He claims he has talked to tire companies and dealers and they all say that you really don't need to replace all 4... i call BS on this one. :x I wrote GM and BFG hoping that they both tell me i need to replace all 4 and i have it in writing. Does anyone have any ideas and what to bring up if this guy doesn't replace all 4? The Accident wasn't my fault and its the other guys ins company I'm dealing with of course but i need some i guess you can call it ammo here to argue with this adjuster/agent to get my 4 tires. Anyone deal with this before?
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Honestly, if there was no damage to any of your other tires, I don't think you're gonna have much luck getting all four tires replaced... Getting one replaced shouldn't hurt anything. The biggest issue is usually visual--getting the same tire so that they don't look mismatched.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Post by jist1983 »

Even with the tread being new and the other 3 being used for like a year and half now that wouldn't mess anything up?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

As long as they are close you should be fine.
Mount the new tire on the front if you have a G80 in the rear. Just in case the difference is enough to activate the locker.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Just measure the tread depth. If you're within a 2 or 3/32nds of a new tire all around, you should be fine.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]