rancho shocks installation

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

will1551
Regular
Regular

rancho shocks installation

Post by will1551 »

i just picked up some new rancho RS5000 today for the front of my truck, but the thing is i cant find any instructions on how to mount them. so does anyone know if you mount them inverted or upright and if you can mount them with the shock boots on?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

With Bilstiens, the boots are up on the front. They can be mounted with boots in place.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: rancho shocks installation

Post by barch97 »

will1551 wrote:i just picked up some new rancho RS5000 today for the front of my truck, but the thing is i cant find any instructions on how to mount them. so does anyone know if you mount them inverted or upright and if you can mount them with the shock boots on?
Yes, boots on and up. :thumb:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
will1551
Regular
Regular

Post by will1551 »

dangit i just mounted them with the boots off :(
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

will1551 wrote:dangit i just mounted them with the boots off :(
Most of us have been just where you are at. :) It is gonna happen at times. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

will1551 wrote:dangit i just mounted them with the boots off :(
it's one bolt, dude... save the whining for when you really screw something up :lol:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]