solid front axle

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

solid front axle

Post by philippe »

what do we need (parts) to put a solid front axle.and is it posible to find all parts in scrap yard?if someone can help me i am very courious to know if it's rely more expensive than a ifs lift kit? :nana: thanks.
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Don't know if there is a thread on SFA on this site but do a search. And I don't know cost of the ifs kits but solid axle setup can be kinda expensive. Front end, springs, tie rods, steering sector, drag link, shackles, just to mention a few parts. However, if you could the bulk of it from one vehicle at a salvage yard, it might be a little cheaper. There's a good thread on all this at zr2usa.com
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

USAZR2 Saf

Just for starters.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jedthrocornpone »

there is also a welth of information here

http://www.s10extremist.org/forums/index.php
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

the price is determined by what parts you put on your truck. if you put junkyard stuff on and a Free dana30 from somewhere, sure, you can do it real real cheap.....IF you do all the fab work yourself.

the fact you have to ask this questions shows you are a bit over your head, so if you want to tackle it, try to find a friend that can show you the ropes and be prepared to not drive your truck for a couple months.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]