Gabriel Max Control shocks

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Gabriel Max Control shocks

Post by HCO4x4 »

I installed 4 gabriel shocks in my uncles f250 today and i have to say they are some nice shocks. as far as quality, performance they are right up there with bilstein. they look a lot better too. anyone have a say about them? in a lineup where would you rank them?
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

New Shocks
Give them a try and let us know how they work. I don't know anyone here to has tried them. A couple have used the standard "cheap" Gabriels. Several store brands use Gabriels as their shock manufacturer. I think they are right there with the Monroes. Better than a stock shock for sure, but maybe not high performance? Hard to say. All my experience with the Gabriels was a long time ago. Recently I have only used the NAPA Gas Grande shocks on fleet vehicles. They are Gabriel made and sport their part numbers on the reservoir.
The Monroe Gas Magnums are a step above the Gas Grandes. Both serve pretty well and are better than stock.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK