bfg mud terrains

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

bfg mud terrains

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

how do the mud terrains do in soft sand? cause i drive on the beach alot in the summer
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Those are designed to dig. A tire that traps would be better suited.
They will work if you are careful and air down. There may be better choices in tread design for sand though.

The main focus will be the flotation. Wider will be better.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

as long as i drop the tire pressure do u think ill be ok?
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

i have mt's in florida.
they arent very good in anythign but mud. not too much traction on pavement, burn outs are easy, but they do ride great. not so great in sand/ dirt. i work on construction sites and buried my truck pullin my trailer through some sand. i'd go with some all terrainsif i were you. like hj said they are made to dig. and thats exactly what they do. another thing i've noticed is that they dont spray dirt/mud backwards, it goes up and back down on you lol.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

So, HCO I'd been thinking of going to MT's from AT's but in mud it looks like you're saying not a good idea?
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

how loud are the mud terrains when u are going down the road?
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

no, they are awsome in the mud, just not in sand because they try to dig. and they arent loud going down the road. they hum but not loud. sounds good.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

what about the mick thompson baja mtz tires.....how do these tires perform and how long do they last....im just looking for new tires for my crew cab
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I would do a search on pirate or jeepsunlimited. You'll find a lot more tire threads there.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Regular
Regular

Post by newbie »

for sand I have heard good things about the Nitto Dune Grappler Tires and they look pretty bad a$$ too. I can't speak from personal use, but from research they have tested really well
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

i had 31x10.50 bfg mud terrains put on my 2002 sonoma crewcab yesturday :D ...does anyone know how many miles i shoud wate befor i rotate them? :?:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

JMO, if you want to keep em even I'd rotate every 5-8k. 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Personally, I rotate every other oil change so about 6k.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page