Boise Spring Works kit installed

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Old_MXer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boise Spring Works kit installed

Post by Old_MXer »

I just got the BSW kit installed friday night and wow what a difference. I'm not sure if it is going to settle in any, but it raised the rear of the truck almost 4 inches! I had to do the t-bar crank on the front to try and help out. I was only able to get 1" higher with the t-bar bolts almost bottomed out. I took it in to get it aligned saturday and the shop told me I had bad ball joints and wouldn't align it. He tried to show me the bad ball joints by lifting up on the wheel with a pry bar, I didn't see any movement (37,000 miles on my 2004 CC). I wanted a second opinion so I took it to another shop down the street to check it out. I didn't mention a thing about the other shops diagnosis, and this mechanic told me I was good to go, he didn't see anything wrong with them. He didn't have time to align it then, he could do it monday. First question, has anybody done the BSW and got that kind of lift, and will it settle a little? Second, shouldn't I have been able to go higher with the t-bar crank (even though you don't want to go too high because of cv angle)?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The springs should settle. I have not heard of that much lift. Did you take before and after measurements?
T-bars vary. An inch sounds about right. You are right that you do not want to bottom the adjusters in the crossmember.

I'd like to see a picture sometime, if you can.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Old_MXer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Old_MXer »

from the ground to the top of the fenderwell measured 31.25" before and now measures a hair over 35"