Leaf over

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Leaf over

Post by HCO4x4 »

I was thinking about how much money i dont have for the boise lift. has anyone done a leaf over on our trucks before? i think im going to do it tomorrow just to see what it looks like. any thoughts?
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Stink bug. The spring over rear will be 5" of lift to the rear and no way to raise the front enough to match.
The spring perches will cost as much as a set of extended shackles. Those are the affordable way to raise the rear a little.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

are the perches absolutely necessary or will the u bolts hold enough? and i realize itll lift it a LOT but i guess i just want to see what it looks like lol.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The spring can not just sit on the axle. The axle tube requires a perch for the spring. This is a point for the centering pin and keeps the axle from rotating or slipping.

I would not waste your time. This is how the IFS lift kits get 5"-6" of lift for the rear. Without lifting the front and equal amount, proper alignment of the front caster will be impossible.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat May 10, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

oh i see. i suppose it is a waste of time. thanks for talking me out of it lol.