Fender cutting

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

will1551
Regular
Regular

Fender cutting

Post by will1551 »

Ok so im basically following the mysterylift thing and at the moment i only have enough cash for the body lift. so even if i could find some cutout flares i couldnt afford them (just graduated highschool=no money). so i plan to just follow the cutting instructions from the skidz install which seems easy to follow, my only problem is that im not sure how to seal the cuts after i have the sheetmetal all tucked away? i dont want to smear that black crap all over my fenders if i dont have the skidz flares to cover it up. so what are my options? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Smear that "black stuff" all over and user some bedliner coating. Mask it off in a manner that looks good and that will work.
I thought about painting the rockers and over the faux flares of the fender. I'll probably still do that someday.

(photochop)

The other option is to sand seal and paint to match.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
will1551
Regular
Regular

Post by will1551 »

lol i dont know why it never occured to me to mask off the area! if its not too much trouble could you tell me exactly what the black stuff is and how much it would cost me.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

3M Window-Weld Super Fast Urethane (Caulking Tube) Can be had in most parts stores for under $20. Just one tube is needed. I had some left over and used it when I trimmed my XJ's fenders.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
will1551
Regular
Regular

Post by will1551 »

ok that seems like it would be a good idea, and its def in my price range! thanks for the suggestion. though it may be awhile till i actually get around to the cutting so i have plenty of time to think out all the little details.