2" shackle part numbers

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

2" shackle part numbers

Post by DLP »

I have had a slapping sound comming from under the crew since I replaced the front shocks last year. Turns out to be the passenger side T-bar is loose. So before I take it in for a front end alainement, I figured I would do a 1 1/2" shackle and T-bar lift. I did a lot of reading but didn't find a shackle part number or suplier. Could some one please send me a link or part numbers and a place to get them? While I am at it, I might as well do the 2" BL too. Any part numbers would be very helpful. Thanks, Darrell
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Perfect. I really have been reading a lot of threads tonight. I don't mind searching. Just found everything except the part numbers. Thanks, Darrell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You can also try Synergy Offroad Jigg is pretty busy these days, but he is a member.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I read both of those threads several times the last couple weeks. I didn't realize that 192 was the part number. I just read it as mod#192. As for the shackles, I could never get the Daystar link to open. Always showed "page not found". I don't mind searching. As a matterafact I have read most every thread on here more than once. I do like the info!. Thanks, Darrell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hobies link for the daystar shackles on the mod page, is long since dead. That is why I linked a set from 4wheelparts for you.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Well I finaly got a BL and shackles ordered. Looks like I need to setaside an upcomming weekend. Thanks HJ for the links. D
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

DLP wrote:Well I finaly got a BL and shackles ordered. Looks like I need to setaside an upcomming weekend. Thanks HJ for the links. D
Go ahead and start soaking fasteners daily with PB Blaster or Sea Foam Deep Creep. It doesn't matter if, you are going to work in the rain that day or evening. Hit the fasteners daily and it will help out the install. Just my Image
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Good point!
PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

I am looking at doing Shackles and 2'" BL on my crew as well. am I looking at needing shocks at the time of install? I want to put new ones on, but would prefer to hold off long on them if possible.

with the Shackles and BL, are longer shocks needed or will std replacements do?

Thanks Guys,
Frisk
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Standard replacements would be fine.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

While on the 4wheelparts website, its saying the linked shackles above don't fit my 04ZR5. Am I just being picky or will the Daystar shackles linked above fit?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm still learning what fits and doesn't fit on the Crews, had a 95 extended and a 98 std cab before it....

Thanks Again
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Most parts for a non ZR2 package for '02 will work fine for later models. Most firms never updated their applications past '02. You will be lucky to locate S-10 Crew Cab and you will never find ZR-5 as a subcategory unless you are checking body parts. You will be fine getting that part.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]