fender clearance for bigger meats

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

blackZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

fender clearance for bigger meats

Post by blackZR5 »

i dont wanna hack my fenders away like i did with my XJ, but i would really like to cram some bigger tires in there, with as little lift as possible. im thinking tb crank, BL and an add a leaf, but to keep the tires from rubbing all the time, i will need to cut the fenders... looking around, i found these Fiberglass Fenders and was wondering if anyone has them on their cc or if anyone knows anything about them... a bunch of searches turned up nothing thus far, and i dont even know if they would really increase clearance in the problem area or not
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Baja / prerunner style fenders - Glassworks
If you don't like cutting those are not for you. They require extensive cutting to attach.

Really following the Skidz install is the best way to add lots more clearance. Otherwise be happy with a little massage and 30" tires.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
blackZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by blackZR5 »

all i get when i check that thread is a "file not found" and other failures. i have no intentions of installing those myself, i woudl pay a body shop to do them for me if i bought them

i thought about flare-less but i think the front bumper cap/buldge thing would look silly without a flare to match the body line... or would it?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

GlassWorks S-10 Fenders They were much cheaper on Ebay but, I don't know if, they are still on there.

Oh, and they make them of XJ's too :wink:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]