Whats The best lift for the $$$ ???

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

jonnymotox

Whats The best lift for the $$$ ???

Post by jonnymotox »

I have an 84 extended cab and I want to lift it , But not to the Moon! I want something thats simple and that won't wear out tires and CV joints also. This truck is a Daily driver up and down The Grapevine here in California and I'm looking for some ground clearence. I looked at the Rough Country 2" kit and I can get it for about $400, is this the way to go?
I'm sure this has been asked a number of times but I'm new here and I am just getting started with this Pickup.
Thanks
Jonny O
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bodylift

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:bodylift
+1

Welcome to the forum. You did say '84? We are looking at a rig that is 24 yrs old then. Did not do any research on your location in CA so, I do not know your salt air or use of salt on the highway conditions in your locale. A body lift is the easiest and the most cost effective lift you can do, for now. I do recommend that you do allot of research. S-10Forum.com has allot of info for your 1st generation S.-10. Your questions here will be answered but, you might have luck there to. One thing that I do recommend is doing a search, locate the fasteners/bolts/nuts that you will be dealing with and start soaking them now (even if your lift is 6 months away) with PB Blaster or something similar. Leave the WD40 for other tasks because it is worthless for this job.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]