Ride Height Difference

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ride Height Difference

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

installed daystar greaseable shackles this past weekend. I did not measure before install like a big dummie, but noticed afterwards that my passenger side is sitting .5-1 inch lower than the driver.

I went back and checked to ensure the shackles were not over tightened and were not binding as the rear end moved to make sure the leaf wasn't hung.

should i write this up as sagging or is there another cause?

Side Bar Question:

is there a trick to get the factory bushing out of the frame and leaf spring eye to install the Poly bushing that came with my shackles? I ran out of time and did not get to install the new hardware with the shackles and wanted to hit'm with a torch as a last resort, any experience tips?

Thanks Guys
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Can't speak to your bushing problem but on the "sagging" have you checked your ride heights in front as well? I had the same sag going on on mine (all stock no lifts etc) and discovered my right front T-bar needed to be cranked up to level the truck side to side in front which then took care of the sag in the rear as well. One side or the other being too low in front can have a direct effect on the rear actual height and the perception of sag as a visual effect as well.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Speaking of sagging, any idea why all of the sudden, my whole rear is down 1". I was wondering why I've been getting the "High Beam" flash by some people in my morning commute the last couple of days. I set my light angles a couple of weeks ago when I installed new bulbs and everything has been fine till this past week. After checking yesterday I just noticed my truck looked a little down in the rear. I got it on my very level pad and measured the frame, 1" low in the rear. :?: 8)
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Horsehammerr wrote:Speaking of sagging, any idea why all of the sudden, my whole rear is down 1". I was wondering why I've been getting the "High Beam" flash by some people in my morning commute the last couple of days. After checking yesterday I just noticed my truck looked a little down in the rear. I got it on my very level pad and measured the frame, 1" low in the rear. :?: 8)
:?: Been "muddin" lately? Haven't done any suspension work lately, have you? (as in within the last month or so) If so, sometimes "settle" is slow to set in and finalize. Any broken spring leaves? Other than that check in the box to make sure you haven't been a victim of drive-by cement blocking or a UFO landed back there and is hiding from discovery. :wink: :lol:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Have they got those blue pills for leaf springs yet?
Last edited by F9K9 on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Beats me Reed. Ya might not like the springs to be quite that "stiff" anyway. :lol: