I want to be educated

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I want to be educated

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

If the 2" suspension lifts cause problems....how can a 5 or 6" suspension lift kit work with the OEM front axle?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It lowers all the suspension components and does not change the geometry.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

HenryJ wrote:It lowers all the suspension components and does not change the geometry.
Are there any members here with this. I would really like to see that.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

They have all since sold their trucks or moved on.
Steve2003, KCustom, Badass10, Highroller, and several others. Check out the photo gallery for their trucks.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

some info

I wouldn't do either one. My front end is trashed! If anything do the body lift. JMO!
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Whoa! You do still exist! :wave:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Steve2003 wrote:some info

I wouldn't do either one. My front end is trashed! If anything do the body lift. JMO!
OMG!! 2 grand for a lift kit. No way would I spend that much anyway. Thanks to info from other members including yourself I will not be doing a suspension lift.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:OMG!! 2 grand for a lift kit.
You better have a strong heart. Sticker shock like that will come around every corner here. This site is the fastest way to empty a wallet. Save yourself and run away as fast as you can. Your truck is just fine the way it is!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

HenryJ wrote:
YellowCrewCabber wrote:OMG!! 2 grand for a lift kit.
You better have a strong heart. Sticker shock like that will come around every corner here. This site is the fastest way to empty a wallet. Save yourself and run away as fast as you can. Your truck is just fine the way it is!
LMAO You're right I've been thinking just that. Heck the overdue maintenance I've been doing lately is enough. Have saved tons of cash doing myself though. Gotta get the more important things done first.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Check out the airbox mod. That is free and helps a little. Then if you want a little throttle response, shave the diffuser. Another freebie. When you win the lottery , or save up a few bucks do a cat back. Those will help a little. Next go for a custom program or buy a programmer to firm up the shifts.
Try to stop there if you can. Those will wake it up a little and make it drive like it should.

Everyone will have their ideas of what you should do. It all adds up. Try to resist the urge. Read lots and decide what is right for you. Keep in mind that most if not all will never pay for themselves. Don't fool yourself. The best money is spent to maintain and buy fuel. Enjoy what you have.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Shave the diffuser???
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Never thought of doing a dual exhaust until I saw and heard the video clips on this site. It's BobbleSmitty's fault.
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:Never thought of doing a dual exhaust until I saw and heard the video clips on this site. It's BobbleSmitty's fault.
Good to see you Steve. Glad you touched base back here. :wink:

The duals is just for music to your ears. No real performance gain there. I wish that Brule/HenryJ would post his exhaust sound clip using a 3" catback with a delta Flowmaster 40 dumped in the stock location. I have the same set up and spent under $200 for it. I did feel an improvement with that and a better air intake.

Maybe if, one of you guys could talk me through posting a sound clip, I will.

Seriously you guys need to not try to reinvent the wheel and listen to members that have gone down the path of a 5 and 6" suspension lifts yrs ago.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

You could download it to you tube then ad a link to it here.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:.......... You could download it to you tube then ad a link to it here.
Going to need more help than that :lol: I tried uploading a 20 second clip on google last yr and it took 10 hrs. I need the whole walk through with quality and everything else and yes, I am on broadband.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I'm not a guru at thinks like this but I think quality is mostly from the quality of the recorder. Uploading to youtube.com is fairly simple and it should walk you through it. Uploading to there site usually will take a period of time. (They are probably making sure you're not uploading unappropriate video.) Then a step by step instructions.
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

He don't know you too well yet do he Image If there is an easy way and a hard way Reed will start out at one end of the scale and quickly the ducks will come out.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

YellowCrewCabber wrote:Shave the diffuser???
Search=diffuser

HOW To: TB Blade removal

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:shock: I am alive too, I stop in from time to time but my crewcab and blazer are long gone :cry:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd