Lift Q...another broken record

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Lift Q...another broken record

Post by paintballrocker »

Ok so ive been searching on hear for the past 2 weeks at my house n lol while at school. Ive decided that the 5" n 6" lifts are wayyy out of the question becuase i only work part time after school n wouldnt be able to afford the kit. Now i have check out the mystery lift and i am considering it but, i cant stop thinking about just buying the Rough Country kit. Now i have read on here about every one saying to stay away from it beacuse of alinment problems and CV boots n ball joimnts going bad. So i called RC 2day and they said that if i didnt adjust the torsion bars past where i have them now that i wouldnt have a prob with the CV boots or ball joints. With that said the only reason i dont like the mystery lift is becuase adjusting the stock t-bars past Z height or wutever will cuase CV boot n ball joint damage. just like the RC kit would.
I am only looking for a kit to make my CC look like a 4x4, i do a little offroading but where me n my friends go isnt bad as to where i need 5" of lift.
Again sry for the long post n repeated Q

thanks guys

PS this site has been alot of help :D
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You need to read again.
The mystery lift does not adjust beyond the maximum Z height. All the "lift" comes from bigger tires and a body lift.

The whole idea behind the 2" key lifts is to adjust beyond the Z height maximum.

My truck is a 2001 and I have eight years on the t-bar adjustment. Stock boots with screw clamps. I doubt you will wheel harder than I, but it is possible, as I am cautious.

You will find close to half a dozen running the mystery lift. More than twice that with body lifts. None with a 2" key lift.
The reasons are all here.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

well when you state it that way it makes alot more sense. the only thing im worried about is suspension parts wearing out and needing replacement.
so the myster lift is just a PA 2" body lift, t-bar crank, rear leave springs, 31x10.5 tires, an an alinment? right?
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

paintballrocker wrote:...so the myster lift is just a PA 2" body lift, t-bar crank, rear leave springs, 31x10.5 tires, an an alinment? right?
Nope.

You are missing more than the cut-outs and 33" tires.
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:You need to read again...................
Image I am getting flashbacks here but, no one is beyond recommended Z trim hgts. I am still running standard cv boots with out the radiator style clamps holding them.

I did lose one under warranty and it was replaced under warranty. To go further than that would be fruitless to explain. There is a very long thread here somewhere but, it needs to stay buried. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Alright so just body lift, t-bar crank, rear leave springs, fender flares, 33x10.5 tires.....anything else? ive read the mystery lift thread but it was a week or two agho n i dont remeber it well lol

thanks for all the input

like i said earlier, this site has been a BIG help!
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The list is all there in the first post. flares no longer available.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

paintballrocker wrote:Alright so just body lift, t-bar crank, rear leave springs, fender flares, 33x10.5 tires.....anything else?..............
Just two small additions to making 33s work...........

Forgive me, Brule!

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]