235/70 tires with lifts

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

235/70 tires with lifts

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

Just curious. I am running 235/70's size tires on my CC. Was wondering if anyone has run these tires with a leaf/shackle mod and a 1.5 inch T-bar crank and the 2 inch body lift? If so do you have a pics?
Jeff
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

It would look kind of goofy in my opinion. Before I got my new tires after my body lift, I had the stock 235/70s on there and it looked awful! No pictures of that though.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

Thats the setup i'm running for the time being minus the t-bar crank. and yes, its looks slightly odd. but no more than a stock silverado, (tires looking lost in the wheel well....)

I am planning on moving to a 30x9.5 or 31x10.50 but only $ will tell.

If my digital camera wasn't on the fritz i'll send ya a pick.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Yeah, I had some photos of Top_Sgt's lift right after we did his BL and even his wife told us that he needed bigger tires. Several free photo hosting sites have shut down and I did not save the photos, elsewhere. My ZR5 came stock with 235/75 tires but, I guess that was an option later.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]