Bodylift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

buy 4 for 3

Post by jedthrocornpone »

just ordered shocks from ORW with the promotion they were 189 shipped.

that is a great price and they seem to be a great place. I hit enter to checkout and within 2 minutes my phone was ringing. They guy on the other end said he needed to get two from Bilstein and it was going to take a couple of extra days.

He also said that the buy 3 get 4 thing has not worked for everyone, sounds like some shocks are exempt. He did say that I was only the 3 or 4th order he had seen that all four shocks had the discount (its really just 25% off)

on to the body lift and a set of wide spacers
is there any real diffrence between the BDS and PA body lifts?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: buy 4 for 3

Post by F9K9 »

jedthrocornpone wrote:'''''''''on to the body lift and a set of wide spacers
is there any real diffrence between the BDS and PA body lifts?
The BDS BL does not have brackets to raise your bumpers. Definitely looks goofy with them in the stock position after the lift.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Three years have gone by since my PA lift. You may be in uncharted waters here, BDS did not offer a bumper bracket when I did mine. You may have to explore some other S10 forums.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Bodylift

Post by z28 »

Has anyone tried to relocate the bumpers without brackets from a kit? It doesnt look like it would be hard to either modify the stock brackets or fab some that would lift the bupers. Just wondering if anyone had tried this and how it went before i tear into mine.
2003 S10 Crew Cab ZR5
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Why would you need to? They come with the PA kit and the kits are pretty affordable for what they include.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by z28 »

I already have lift blocks that i think will work and i cant seem to find brackets seperate from the kit. I figure if could make my own brackets a free lift is even better. Just seeing if anyone had tried it before
2003 S10 Crew Cab ZR5
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The rear brackets would require some industrious metal work. The oil filter relocation bracket as much or more. Then you need the square blocks for the bed and the small round ones for the front bumper. Add to that the brackets for the sides of the front bumper and the ground strap pieces.
Can it be done? Probably.
I may be arrogant, but in this case my time is worth more than the work involved to fabricate all that stuff. The price per hour would be just too low to make it worth my time. It is bad enough to have to fab the gap guards , raise the step bars and hitch. I think it best to fight other battles and leave that one to the kit.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK