Another tire/lift Q, and shocks

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Another tire/lift Q, and shocks

Post by paintballrocker »

Hey i have a few Q's since ive been able to save the $$ to lift my truck. I decided to do a PA #192 2" body lift, a 1.5" t-bar crank, 1.5-2" add-a-leafs in the rear, and Blistien shocks. My Q's are....

1. What size tire can i fit using the above ^ combo? I plan on running Dick Cepeck FC II's

2. what is the # for the Blistiens that fit our trucks? Is it the 5100HD series?

3. I plan on using Pro Comp Rock Crawlers w/ 4.5" of backspacing, what size wheel spacer should i use to prevent rubbing?

4. What is the best add-a-leaf for the rear?

thanks
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The rearspacing on the wheels is going to play a part too. You will not "need spacers" with only 4.5" of rearspacing. Plan on a 30" tire just clearing. 31" will rub with the above components. Depending upon your driving habits you might get by.
I think the BSW kit is the best, but it is expensive.

Your list has good search topics. You will find lots of information for what you have listed.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:..........Your list has good search topics. You will find lots of information for what you have listed.
Excellently well put!Image

I knew that I needn't answer his questions after a day of wrenching and witnessing the waterfowl version of the lemmings and the cliff routine. :bonk:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]