No susp. lifts in the works...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

John

No susp. lifts in the works...

Post by John »

I just got off the phone with Superlift. Thay told me that they have NO plans for the Crew Cab. He said it was just not profitable at this point. So I called BDS and the guy didn't have a clue what his own company had in development. He just said 'check the website frequently'. I'm seriously thinking about selling this thing to buy a ZR2. You just don't have any good means to lift these trucks. Or maybe I should just try to fit this body onto a ZR2 frame. Hmmm..........
I WILL have 35's on this thing sooner or later.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Or maybe I should just try to fit this body onto a ZR2 frame. Hmmm..........

Yea, do that! 8) That's what I'd love to do someday, and a V-8 of course :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Just get the 5" TM susp lift

Post by quickbiker »

If you just gotta have it, do what I did, the TM 5" susp lift. The only think I see an advantage to the ZR2 is the longer front a-arms. Other than that, the reg S-10's have more of an advantage. For example, on the zr2, the t-case hangs lower below the frame line, the front of the rear leaf supports hang lower below the frame to make the lift.

I used to have your own thinking until I really took a hard look at a ZR2 S-10 in a truck lot. Sure they are highter, but the guts of it hang lower which is bad on trails. Look at my lift with the 5" TM and T-bar relocators. very clean underneath. So that with me pulling off my anti-sway bar for the trails, there is no match to the zr2. Well, gotta have a driver with common sense too.

That's my opinion anyhow. Check out my lift. If your a half decent backyard mechanic, it's not to bad, just takes allot of time to put on and a bit of help from a friend, and a case of beer, LOL.

Check it out: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/bikes_n_4x ... X4nav.html

Oh, and they only specify the late gen s-10 lift for 95-99 models. So, you know what to say if you really want to buy one. Hint hint. ;->

The only real variance in the installation was the rear brake line brackets on the rear axle. And you can see by the pics what I had to do to fit them. It's very difficult to go back to stock, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who feel uneasy about it.
Last edited by quickbiker on Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i dont think there is anything that specail about the zr2 over us. i have been offroading with them a ton. i have the same clearence underneath as they do. i have talked to bds and superlift and they said that they are coming out with lifts for our trucks. i have heard alot of people saying that superlift will. they said that they just have to modify their zr2 kit and it will work for all the reg s-10's. but it wont be until the new year.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

a2b wrote:i dont think there is anything that specail about the zr2 over us. i have been offroading with them a ton. i have the same clearence underneath as they do. i have talked to bds and superlift and they said that they are coming out with lifts for our trucks. i have heard alot of people saying that superlift will. they said that they just have to modify their zr2 kit and it will work for all the reg s-10's. but it wont be until the new year.

Is there any big differences between the Crew and a regular extended cab? Considering that they are very similar(since quickbiker did it but he is a very good backyard mechanic), it should be viable(aka money maker) to make a kit for the non-ZR2 models.

But I understand why they made it for the ZR2 models first. 1. Cause a buyer of the ZR2 would be more likely to buy a lift over a person buying a regular 4wd model. 2. IIRC almost half of the 4wd models(I think the report was old and only compared this to reg. and ext. cab models) sold are ZR2 models so it's more of a money maker to make the ZR2 over the Regular 4wd.

But, I think GM was saying that 1/3 of all s10 they would sell would be crew models. But most people buy crews wanted them for hauling family so they will not be interested in a lift.
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
TMABES

6.5" SUS lift

Post by TMABES »

How about this lift.

Think it is worth the money or does it look like crap? http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp ... 3Fid%3D491

Hmm that goes to the 9.5" lift but they have the 6.5 also
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

AIM? I had no idea...:D I love the spacers I got from them.

The price is not bad either... Who is going to be the "Guinea Pig" ?

I'm happy with mine "as is" , but someone will do it.

With a 2" BL it should clear 35's easily. That would be a long step up, and stability might be an issue.

Sure would look 8) though.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: 6.5" SUS lift

Post by quickbiker »

TMABES wrote:How about this lift.

Think it is worth the money or does it look like crap? http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp ... 3Fid%3D491

I've seen this floating around. Not much info to go on there. Like who makes that lift? I always like to see the manufacurers web site before I buy and to talk with them. They may be including a body lift or adding the front and rear to get 9.5? Sounds fishy. If I was going that high, I would go SFA to get articulation.

The main problem with the s-10's is room in the wheel well. Instead of it looking like this /Ø\ , the wheel well looks like this |Ø| . So the only way to get big rubber under it is to do some cutting. Then with the Crew cabs, it looks like the front part of the rear fenders would have to come totally off, because there is not much to trim there, which is no biggy anyhow.

I may go SFA when ever the front diff blows up maybe. But I don't tweak or stress the front at all with the TM lift, so I hope it lasts long.

So far I've had the 5" TM lift on for about 11k miles and all is looking very good. And the price is not bad using stock rims. So if you don't mind cutting up your front end, I would recomend the TM lift, but also with the T-bar relocators to get rid of the t-bar drop. :D

If you want some real lift and something flexy for off-road, I would go SFA, and there is someone that does a kit for that. There is someone with a late model Blazer near me that I've seen with that kit, looks awesome. :shock:

Here is some'm off my web page with some info on all that stuff:

http://www.angelfire.com/me4/bikes_n_4x ... X4nav.html
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: 6.5" SUS lift

Post by a2b »

TMABES wrote:How about this lift.

well, i aint going to do it. i dont trust aim, and i have been told my superlift that crewcab front ends are a bit different than the reg 4x4's. dont know what that is though.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

quickbiker...how much modification was required to adapt that Superlift to your Crew Cab? Any cutting or anything required? How much would you estimate it to cost (labor and parts included)?

Thanks in advance...
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

qucikerbicker, did the 5" TM :wink: you can see his pics on his member page or in the photo gallery under Paul
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

AZS10Crew wrote:quickbiker...how much modification was required to adapt that Superlift to your Crew Cab? Any cutting or anything required? How much would you estimate it to cost (labor and parts included)?

Thanks in advance...

Yea, look at my link above. The price isn't too bad if you do the work yourself. I did it myself with a buddy helping me out for a couple days. Total job is about a week taking my time, including the t-bar relocators. The lift was about $1200, the tbar kit about $300 I think. I also put 1 and 1/4" rear wheel spacers. I used stock wheels with 31" rubber. So the BFGMT's cost about $120 each. And had to get the exhaust pipe modified in 2 places, 1 for lift and the other for the tbar relocators. Probably about $60 a pop. Oh, and the front steering stabilizer for about $200 I think.

If you pay a shop to do it, the labor would cost allot more than all the parts put together. Check out my link above. I got all the pics of the lift install and the tbar relocator. There is allot of cutting of the front stock brackets to put the lift stuff on. After that, it's mostly bolt up. A bit of welding in the rear for the rear brake line brackets and the perch which I just did for added support. :roll:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i want to weld badly, i want to make a front pre runner bar with skid plate, and i want to relocate my shock mounts to on top of the axel. i want to do this when i do the lift, if superlift doesnt have a lift by next summer, i will do the trail master. and i will head up east to have paul help me!! :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:if superlift doesnt have a lift by next summer, i will do the trail master. and i will head up east to have paul help me!! :lol:

Sounds like a plan to me! How about we make it a road trip? :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

LOL, I'll have to take a a couple of weeks off to help you all out! :lol: . I wouldn't mind help'n ya out if ya lived close. If you are pretty good with your hands and have used stuff like a saw zall, welder, grinder, then it really isn't that hard. :wink:
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

has anyone posted a topic in the s-series.org about that AIM 9.5" lift?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:
a2b wrote:if superlift doesnt have a lift by next summer, i will do the trail master. and i will head up east to have paul help me!! :lol:

Sounds like a plan to me! How about we make it a road trip? :D

will do :D

nope, havent seen a topic about the 9.5 lift :roll:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\