Backspacing

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

LakeCable4x4
Regular
Regular

Backspacing

Post by LakeCable4x4 »

Does anybody know the backspacing on the stock 15x7 5 spoke rims because i just went to get my 31x10.5 BFG All Terrains mounted today and the fronts rubbed on my frame when the wheel turned sharp so I am looking to buy new rims with more backspacing to allow these tires.
LakeCable4x4
Regular
Regular

Post by LakeCable4x4 »

What backspacing would you recommend to fit these tires or am i going to have to get spacers no matter what?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Stock is 6" back spacing and 7" wide.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Stock backspacing is 6". A lot of CC people use spacers because they want to keep the stock wheels. Most use a 1 1/2" on the front and 2" or 3" on the back to even out the length of the axles. The front axle span is 2 1/2" wider than the rear. I run 8x15 alloys with 3 3/4" backspacing all around. I have a Street Queen that runs 1000 miles a week on the twisting hills of the Ozarks. I prefer Cooper Cobra Radial GTs in the 275/60 size they are only 28" tall but have 10 1/2" wide bodies and 9 1/2" tread. My frontend is cranked up 1 1/2" to level the stance. No frame rub at full lock turns. I did have to cut my front wheel wells to SKIDZ cut dimensions along with my ZR5 flares to get the room for the rear of my tires to turn with no rub at the bottom back edge. I do believe 31/10.5 will fit this set-up. I may have to do the SKIDZ cut to my rear wells and flares to have enough room there for the 31/10.5s to clear. If all else fails and I must have 31/10.5s I guess there"s always the Body Lift thing. :!: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I ran my Coopers to the belts and decided to try something a little more 4x. Got a good deal on HANKOOK DYNAPRO ATM RF10 and went to 30x9.5 that are exactly the same dementions as 255/70 so was able to be calibrated at dealer for $15. They seem to be a lot more positive in handleing.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN