edit

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

2003_ZR5
Regular
Regular

edit

Post by 2003_ZR5 »

edit
Last edited by 2003_ZR5 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Do a little searching.
A 2" body lift is the only choice in a small lift.

Lots of choices in tires too. Size will make a difference. See what others have done and bring an old thread back to life.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

I personaly went with the 6'' suspenion lift but again I payed $3,500 for it. I got my 31x10.5 tire's from walmart for only $110 each. I like the 6'' lift because i go in deep mud to get to my house.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

MinnesotaMudder wrote:I personaly went with the 6'' suspenion lift but again I payed $3,500 for it. I got my 31x10.5 tire's from walmart for only $110 each. I like the 6'' lift because i go in deep mud to get to my house.
I hope that was for the lift and labor. I really wish you had found us sooner but, that is water under the bridge. Make sure you change the diff fluids after every deep mud adventure.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

It was $800 for labor and $2,700 for the lift is that a lot how much is a 6'' lift supose to cost
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It's been almost five years but, they were around $1700 when they first came out. Your price may be appropriate now. $800 for the install is a steal if, they did it right.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
2003_ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by 2003_ZR5 »

Getting a body lift will interfere with my grille guard won't it?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

2003_ZR5 wrote:Getting a body lift will interfere with my grille guard won't it?
Yep! Most cases will require modifications and possibly the loss of your tow hooks. I got mine used from a ZR2 truck and managed to have it modified by a welding shop and some first generation tow hooks, per HenryJ's recommendation.

Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Sure would like to see some good shots of your rig now that you have it complete, with the 33's and all. :pray: 8) F9K9
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Check out the last page of the '08 Moab trip. Look at Jack's photos.
2003_ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by 2003_ZR5 »

f9k9 wrote:
2003_ZR5 wrote:Getting a body lift will interfere with my grille guard won't it?
Yep! Most cases will require modifications and possibly the loss of your tow hooks. I got mine used from a ZR2 truck and managed to have it modified by a welding shop and some first generation tow hooks, per HenryJ's recommendation.

What did you get used from a ZR2 truck? Your grille guard?

Also, would a suspension lift be a better choice? Or would that interfere with my grille guard as well?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I wouldn't go the SL route. To many have tried it and got fed up replacing front end parts. Yes, the guard was used off of a ZR2.
2003_ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by 2003_ZR5 »

Thanks for the help f9k9.

Your body lift is 2" correct? And did you get bigger tires as well?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

2" BL is the only option on second gen S-10s. I moved up to 30" tires after the BL.
2003_ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by 2003_ZR5 »

f9k9 wrote:2" BL is the only option on second gen S-10s. I moved up to 30" tires after the BL.
Ahh I see. Thanks a lot.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

well, boise lift/shakles/add-a-lift & torsion bar plus body lift, makes a big differance in height. well not huge for ground clearance but the body lift really makes it noticable. Check out my lift journal in this forum.
2003_ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by 2003_ZR5 »

fallvitals wrote:well, boise lift/shakles/add-a-lift & torsion bar plus body lift, makes a big differance in height. well not huge for ground clearance but the body lift really makes it noticable. Check out my lift journal in this forum.
Ok thanks