Shackle Question

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Shackle Question

Post by DeiselRed »

For everyone here who has installed 2" Shakles, What brand did you get? Could you link where to buy as well because im having some trouble looking these up. Any help would be great....Thanks.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Noy sure about that, but I bobblesmitty did say this about his 2" shackles:
I eventually switched to air shocks in place of the shackles b/c I don't have a rear sway bar and on the freeway when changing lanes it became a little wobblely. But if I were to go the shackle route again, I'd go with 1.5" lift instead of the 2".
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I have 1.5 inch.. I just made them...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Daystars
see Mod page, link is below

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/og1/modinfo/ ... ackles.htm
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

heres a link to Synergy Offroad, on this page theres 2" ($65), and 1.5" ($50) shackles as well as Add a leaf's

http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/cate ... egoryId=10
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

Thank you paintballrocker!! :) Appreciate everyones response.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

no problem dude :D
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

Where it says quantity would I have to hit 2??? for 2 shackles or does both shakles come together in a kit as 1?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Seems like a silly question but, I see where you are coming from. "quantity" ="1" for the pair or set.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
blackZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by blackZR5 »

not sure if you're interested, but i got a set of 1.5" im not gonna end up using...

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7478
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

I was looking at the fabtech 2 inch shackle set but I was wondering if they were non-greasable. They dont say anything about being either.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

go with Daystart shackles, thats what alot of guys here and on S10forum are running. There 1.5" so it doesnt create as much rake as the 2" model.
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

Alright. Will do with those.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Remember that the length increase at the shackle is twice what the lift will be. 1.5" shackle is 3/4" lift at the axle. That may not be the exact lift, but don't expect to get 1.5" from 1.5" shackles. 2" longer shackles will yield about 1" of lift.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

i thought when it said 1.5" lift shackels it means it lifts the rear 1.5"?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

paintballrocker wrote:i thought when it said 1.5" lift shackels it means it lifts the rear 1.5"?
Nope. It means that they are 1.5" longer than stock.
You are not lifting at the axle. You are lifting at the end of a long lever. At the axle the distance moved is much less.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

oh, i gotcha now
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

Thank you henry for the reply. I also did not know that. I did order the 2" shackle though. I will be posting pictures of my crew this weekend :evil: Just gotta get some rubber and she will be complete.....for now. :evil: :evil:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Start soaking the fasteners now with PB Blaster daily. Might make the job go a little easier.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

Thank you for the info f9k9 :). Yeah im going to start blasting it with PB pretty much now since it's going to take a couple days for the shackles to come in.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

DeiselRed wrote:Thank you for the info f9k9 :). Yeah im going to start blasting it with PB pretty much now since it's going to take a couple days for the shackles to come in.
I would plan on installing them the second weekend after their arrival then. Plan on a minimum of a week soaking them daily! More time is better unless you don't mind torching things and have a well equipped garage. May as well bite the bullet and pick up a large jar of Anti-seize. They might be $8 and will last for years. You will thank yourself if, you need to remove them down the road.