Amount of T-bar lift.

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Amount of T-bar lift.

Post by paintballrocker »

well next week im going to order my body lift, shocks, and adda leaf.

im wondering how much to turn my torsion bars, right now the angel is almost parrele to the ground. So should i do about 6-8 full turn? does that sound about right?
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Well, id put the add-a-leaf on their first. And see what the back is gonna do before cranking the front, getting an alignment, then possibly wanting to crank more, or take some off, then needing anther alignment.

1 turn = .20" of lift. so by that math 5 turns = 1"

I think I did 6 or 7 on mine and ended up with 1.6"? :?:

But it will settle some after you adjust it. From my understanding just a few bumps in the road will settle he front in. I ended up with 1/8 shy of 1.5" of lift in the front.

but my boise lift hasnt fully settled in yet either im thinking, I have yet to haulanything heavy to help that either, but I have a bit more rake then I would like currently, but im sure it will settle, if not ill crank em a hair more next time I need an alignment.

With my long winded speach, id wait till you have the add-a-leaf on. See what it looks like, adjust the torsion bar to your liking. I road around 1 day with my boise lift on, and no TB adjustment and my truck looked, and felt horrible (sliding downhill in the cab).

btw, might wanna hit those TB screws with sme pb blaster or something. Even with the front end in the air, it was tough turnin' em.
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

thanks for the pb blaaster tip.

yeah il prob wait now till i get he AAL on, becuase id like to have my truck sit level.
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

With the AAL you will not be able to crank the T-Bar enough to make the truck sit level, there is not enough adjustment to the torsion bars. The best you can do is to go to the mods page and look up how to measure your Z height see how much you can crank without going over and go for it. Remember this will significantly stiffen the ride so you might want to set it high and see how it feels and then back it off if it's too stiff.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Post by kxracer »

Has anyone cranked there T-bars without lifting the rear. My original plan was to install 1.5" shackles, but will I be able to make it level with them. Thanks
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I studied the Z height info. till I couldn't take it any more. All I wanted was to level my truck. So I parked the sucker on a level slab of concrete, I checked it with a Lazer level, and started cranking a little to both sides evenly. I'd crank then jump up and down on the front and the back, then crank some more. I finaly got it dead level by sight and measuring from the frame to the pavenent front and rear. Then off to the allignment shop.Actualy had to crank one side down a little to make it right. But that was it, NO BRAIN SCIENCE !! :!: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Post by kxracer »

Horsehammerr wrote:I studied the Z height info. till I couldn't take it any more. All I wanted was to level my truck. So I parked the sucker on a level slab of concrete, I checked it with a Lazer level, and started cranking a little to both sides evenly. I'd crank then jump up and down on the front and the back, then crank some more. I finaly got it dead level by sight and measuring from the frame to the pavenent front and rear. Then off to the allignment shop.Actualy had to crank one side down a little to make it right. But that was it, NO BRAIN SCIENCE !! :!: 8)
Cool, how much lift did you get out of it? I'm wondering if you had another 3/4" to make it level with shackles. :?:
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Sorry not going to happen. I came up a full 1 1/2" in front and that made it level with the stock shackels, I'm bottomed out on the drivers side TB adjuster bolt and the pass. side had to be decranked about 3 threads to get the allignment right. So there is no more up. There probably is no real reason to go up in the rear past level.No matter what kind of lift you think you want. :?: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN