One Inch Body Lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

One Inch Body Lift

Post by Horsehammerr »

Well, I've had the chance to test the Full Size Solid bumpstops on the front for a couple of weeks now and they are not the answer to hitting the top of my wheel wells. I'm not hitting hard enough to break my flares but hitting at all is too much for me. I really don't want to go 2" BL cause it is not needed for 30/9.5s. I'm thinking maybe an inch would be the answer. What would HAVE to be modded to do an inch BL ? :?: :roll: 8)

Split the topic. Reed
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Why not just go the 2" route? Your wheel bs is why you are hitting the flares.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I know they hit because they are out under the flares. I just wonder if an inch would be enough to stop the hit. I'm only hitting hard enough to just hear it hit. The solid full size stops help a major lot. I just want to stop it all together. It just seems 2" would be way overkill and I know that much clearance would really look strange with 30/9.5s. :!: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:...............It just seems 2" would be way overkill and I know that much clearance would really look strange with 30/9.5s. :!: 8)
Not that strange. That is what size I have on here.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

OK, not that strange! What size are those wheels and what's the BS. Just might be the answer I'm looking for. Will 2" diameter body spacers work ? I have 14 of them that measure 3" tall by 2" diameter. I'm sure I can cut them down to 2" tall. Will the diameter work ? I'm sure with a little research I can make the other necessary mods. :?: 8)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

They are 4.75" BS wheels. US Wheel. You need to much other stuff to make it all work. Bumper brackets and everything else.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Horsehammerr wrote:...I have 14 of them that measure 3" tall by 2" diameter. I'm sure I can cut them down to 2" tall. Will the diameter work ?
No. They might work for the front bumper and some of the bed mounts , but that is it. Then you have together the right bolts. You will be much better off to just wait until you can get the $200 to buy a bodylift.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Hmm.