33' mud terrain km on gmc 04 zr5?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

krock90

33' mud terrain km on gmc 04 zr5?

Post by krock90 »

i have 31'. but want to put 33. is there anyway i could just do the toursion bars and fit them on? dont want to spend alot.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

No.

Check out the "Marvelous Mystery Lift".

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

you have 31's? Did you do any cutting to make them fit without rubbing???
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

31's will fit with a 2" body lift, slight torsion bar crank, and rear shackles or extra springs, but they still rub a little bit on the front inside frame area when the steering wheel is turned all the way in either direction.

The rubbing really isn't all that bad, but if it does bother you all you need to do is have someone with a welder add material to the factory steering stops which will prevent the wheels from turning that far. :wink:

Steve
krock90

Post by krock90 »

my 31's dont rub at all. no cutting or lift. my friend who has seen one with the toursion bars raised in the front said i could do it. but wanted to see if anyone else has tried it.
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

I was planning to do some moderate mudding with my CC so I would go 31's if I was always on the road. I dont wanna be smacking my frame or fenders when im going into some mud pits ya know? have you went mudding with 31's before?? Im just trying to hear someones experiences off-roading with 31's and the listed mods.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

DeiselRed wrote:......................Im just trying to hear someones experiences off-roading with 31's and the listed mods.
Bingo!!!

It helps members when someone posts a question that they mention what their current mods are. All S-10s are not created equal. I rubbed with 30s, with a BL, TB crank but, I changed my wheels. Others have rubbed with oem tires and a wheel change. I am running 33s with my steering stops built up to prevent rubbing and I truly despise it. Making 3 or 4 point turns on single lane roads that had several hundred foot drop offs on each side was not fun.

If, it is just a DD and a mall crawler then everything changes.

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:If, it is just a DD and a mall crawler then everything changes.
When you get one of the front tires off the ground and the opposite side rear tire off the ground at the same time while manuevering around an obstacle you just might experience some rubbing! :shock:

Parking on top of curbs or driving over concrete islands to look cool does not count! :lol:

Steve
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

Agreed Steve! Haha I think im going to just go with 31's after a T-bar crank and just go very light mudding and deal with some rubbing.

but F9k9 that is a phenominal picture....pretty badass I must say!!! True off roading there in the middle of the woods :)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

DeiselRed wrote:.........but F9k9 that is a phenominal picture....pretty badass I must say!!!.....
Thanks! That is actually a county road still on the maps. I was on the "bypass" to the real obstacle. :lol:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DeiselRed
Crew
Crew

Post by DeiselRed »

hahaha you should make a photo album in N.O.S of all your sweet pictures!!! They're impressive!