Before you go to 30's

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Before you go to 30's, look into doing the SKIDZ cuts to at least your front wheel wells. You will rub the bottom rear of those wheel wells. You'll also have a slight rub at the bottom front , but just a minor clip off of the air dam and your set. May also want to check out full size bump stops front and rear, and crank your front Torsion Bars up to lift the front end to level with the rear. Oh , you WILL need to get a front end alighnment after you crank your TB's. 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Horsehammerr wrote:Before you go to 30's, look into doing the SKIDZ cuts to at least your front wheel wells.
If you plan to run very little rear spacing and no lift. There are quite a few running 30" tires that did not do the Skidz cuts.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

like HJ says, i only did a t-bar tweak with stock rims i could fit the 30" hankook mt's with OUT any rubbing :D
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Very little rear ( back ) spacing ? :?: Stock is 6", less creates more need for fender clearance. :!: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:Very little rear ( back ) spacing ?..............)
I think you two are comparing apples to oranges. :lol: Messing with decreased BS will create issues but, keeping the oem BS and going up in hgt has it's own set of issues.

1. Barch went from oem size tires to less BS and rubbed.
2. HenryJ rubbed 100% stock
3. With a 2" BL, TB crank, and shackles I rubbed with 30's with a 4.75" bs WHEEL.

THERE IS NO "COOKBOOK" ANSWER HERE! Tire manufacturers call one tire a 32 and another may call it a 31!

I didn't rub stock but, Brule did. Each of our CCs are different! It might be because of the day it was built, the shift that built it or, whatever.

You just need to research and/or experiment. Most of these questions are coming from second and third owners of ccs. Almost everything has been tried and most answers can be found here.

Sorry guys/gal, I am off my soap box.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]