new shoes on the cc

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

dettony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

new shoes on the cc

Post by dettony »

here is a pic of the new shoes on my ride had to use my wifes photobucket LET ME NO WHAT YOU THINK http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj14 ... =s10cc.jpg
Last edited by dettony on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Posting Images
and about 5 other with similar info in the Forum Information section. If you get through those and still need help one of us can talk you through it. :D
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Looks good, love the rims.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That is looking black! 8) Are they clearing good?
Any thoughts about blacking the chrome strip on the grille?
That might look really good. A little sanding, paint and clear coat would not cost much.
Then if they are legal in your state maybe some smoked lense covers.
That truck would be "murdered" nicely 8)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Looks great. I wanted rims that were very similar to that. Decided to powder coat the ZR5 alloys black instead.
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

HenryJ wrote:Any thoughts about blacking the chrome strip on the grille?
That might look really good. A little sanding, paint and clear coat would not cost much.
:?: Never thought of that...

:idea:
dettony
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dettony »

Yes i would love to black that strip out i didnt know you could sand that chrome stuff. And as far as rubbing. Just a tad at full turn im thinking of cranking on the torsion bars up about an inch or less. The worst part was getting all 4 on and then finding out the front calipers were rubbing on the rim but a little bit of grinding an all better now thats why they say 2 or 4 wheel drive when you order the rims :lol: but all is good and cant wait to black the rest out. If i were to take the rails of the bed is there gonna be alot of huge holes i hate those things and that dumb roof rack too any info would br great thanks for the complements!!!!!! :D
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Post by kxracer »

dettony wrote:Yes i would love to black that strip out i didnt know you could sand that chrome stuff. And as far as rubbing. Just a tad at full turn im thinking of cranking on the torsion bars up about an inch or less. The worst part was getting all 4 on and then finding out the front calipers were rubbing on the rim but a little bit of grinding an all better now thats why they say 2 or 4 wheel drive when you order the rims :lol: but all is good and cant wait to black the rest out. If i were to take the rails of the bed is there gonna be alot of huge holes i hate those things and that dumb roof rack too any info would br great thanks for the complements!!!!!! :D
I know the holes for the rails aren't to big as alot of guys have taken them off. If you do take off the bed rails, I will buy them from you (if you want to sell). I think you will probably have to leave the roof rack on unless you are going to pay someone to fill the holes in your roof. :D
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

dettony wrote:If i were to take the rails of the bed is there gonna be alot of huge holes i hate those things and that dumb roof rack too any info would br great thanks for the complements!!!!!! :D
Dumb?! The rails and roof rack look cool!!! :lol: