4' Lift and 33's

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

LakeCable4x4
Regular
Regular

4' Lift and 33's

Post by LakeCable4x4 »

Would 33x10.5-15's be a stretch with 4' of lift or is that do-able without little to no rubbing? I am just worried about buying new tires and getting them mounted and finding that they will rub badly or there is not enough room for the tire and not be able to return the tires.
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 4' Lift and 33's

Post by 14x4 »

LakeCable4x4 wrote:4' of lift
A four foot lift? Hell yeah they'll fit! :lol:

Just kidding. I'm sure you meant 4", in which case I think you'll still need to trim the fenders. But I'm still a noob so you definitely need a second opinion.

Also, I'm curious about this 4" lift... It is a body lift, right? Can you give a link?

I wouldn't mind adding another two inches to my rig. :idea:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
Rich K.
Crew
Crew

Re: 4' Lift and 33's

Post by Rich K. »

Assuming this is a body lift you can almost guarantee you will have rubbing on the frame because of the width of your tire. I am running BFG 33X9.50X15 and I am rubbing on the frame. I figure I am losing the last 1/2" of turning radius because of it. You will have to calculate your back spacing and get the appropriate spacers to accommodate the wider tire. That is where I stop on advice since I didn't get it right even with the narrower tire. There is some good info on this forum for calculating your backspacing or "building up" your turn stops.

If it is a suspension lift I defer that to the wiser and more experienced guys on this forum. :shrug:
[size=75]Drive it in, tow it out! Thats our motto...[/size]