Boise SpringWorks rear spring kit

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

D_Wayne
Regular
Regular

Post by D_Wayne »

Price update: Placed order on Monday 08/20/07

"Shipped today and your CC receipt is on the box, instructions are inside. The total was exactly $200.00.
Thank you and be sure to call with any questions...

Sincerely, Ms. Montrose
Boise Spring Works, Inc.
Toll Free: 800-585-5332
Phone: 208-377-1157
Fax: 208-377-1193
Email: bswinc1001@qwest.net

She told me the kit was $150 and it appears that anywhere they ship to now is approximately $50. I tried searhing my local spring shops but everyone wanted the same price or more for what I paid for the BSW kit.
[size=75]Black 2003 S10 Crew Cab with leather power/heated seats. Tow package, rear sliding window, bug deflector, Euro tail lights, Boise Spring Works Kit, Mild T-Bar Crank, Bilstein Shocks and Ranch Truck Topper.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Good to know. That still seems like a bunch of money.

I guess for what you get and the price of steel, it is the going price. :(

Be sure to let us know how the install goes and your insights.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
D_Wayne
Regular
Regular

Post by D_Wayne »

BSW kit installed. Install was easy, thanks to instructions given here. I'd recommend an impact gun or breaker bar and metal pipe used as an extension to get the nuts off the U-Bolts.

My U-Bolts were also to long and required a cut. I could have left them long but they looked funny to me like that. Truck rides a little firmer now but I'm okay with that. Helped a buddy move already with enclosed 6x12 trailer fully loaded. Truck did not squat at all. Awesome!!!!

Question, I haven't done the T-Bar crank yet. How crucial is that? Is it something that needs to be done ASAP or can I go wtihout doing it at all? I like how it looks now. Thanks.

Image over 100k forum limit-HJ
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

D_Wayne, if you like the stance your truck has right now then leave it that way because there is no need to do a t-bar crank with this mod unless you want your front end higher also. :wink:

Seeing your truck really makes me miss my Crew Cab. :(

Steve
D_Wayne
Regular
Regular

Post by D_Wayne »

Thanks Steve.

Tim
[size=75]Black 2003 S10 Crew Cab with leather power/heated seats. Tow package, rear sliding window, bug deflector, Euro tail lights, Boise Spring Works Kit, Mild T-Bar Crank, Bilstein Shocks and Ranch Truck Topper.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Raising the rear can affect camber. If it doesn't feel like it wants to return to center like it should, or you feel some push in the corners, it would be a good idea to get an alignment.
If everything feels good just watch the tire wear patterns and wait for the next scheduled alignment check.

Looks good, enjoy!

If you get a chance size that photo down so we can enjoy seeing it in the post.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

damn your truck looks good. the blacks are all the right shades of blacks ( paint, trim, tires,etc.)
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
D_Wayne
Regular
Regular

Post by D_Wayne »

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the comments and help.

HJ, getting new tires next month. I'll get the tires installed and have an alignment done at the same time. Thanks again.

Tim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Gather up enough weight to simulate the "usual" load. It can make a little difference.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Just ordered my kit thursday. Heres my experiance with Boise Spring Works so far.

:D I got a price and info via e-mail a few weeks ago. it was $240.xx shipped with tax. It was a bit higher then most folks on here. So I called to order, got the s-10 lift spring kit, verified it came complete with bolts. (I cant recall if i mentioned it was for a crew cab, but i did mention this s-10crewcab.com site, so im sure i got the right set, lol. But im thinking this might just be the same set for all s-10s. Anyways.

So, they asked if i wanted em to call me back with a price, I said no, thats okay. I e-mailed a few weeks ago and was given a price. And they would ship out the same day.

But the next day I got an e-mail with a order, and shipping confirmation. Which shocked me since I didnt give them my e-mail address on the phone! And also the price was $230.XX, $10 cheaper then originally quoted :) I e-mailed back asking how they had it, which i made an assumtion as to why, and complimented them, they replyed:

"Dear Alan,

Rick told me (bookkeeper) that you had sent an email

“a week or so ago” so I looked and it seemed the most

efficient way to get you the information... So, thanks for

the compliment!!! Have a nice weekend!

Ms. Montrose (bookkeeper) Boise Spring Works, Inc.

Toll Free: 800-585-5332

Phone: 208-377-1157

Fax: 208-377-1193

Email: bswinc1001@qwestoffice.net

This place probably has the best customer service I have ever dealt with. No e-mail on file, but just becuase i offhandly mentioned I contacted them a while ago, they searched their e-mails to find my e-mail to send me a confirmation.

Great company, if they product is as great as their customer service, it will be a great purchase with a great company! Good people!

*long post, but they need praised!*