Boise SpringWorks rear spring kit

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

HenryJ wrote:
Tribecrist wrote:Lift plans?
You're headed the right direction and have one of the components out of the way ;)
Another teaser....boy I can't wait...when do you think you will have your plans worked out HJ?
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I still have two ways to go and I'm waiting on parts to arrive in order to decide upon a third.

It is frustrating when things are not within your control.

Things still may not work out, then we will never know.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Tribecrist
Crew
Crew

Post by Tribecrist »

Completed Boise SW pic in the gallery.

Linked a pic for "lazy old guys" ;) -HJ
~2001 S-10 Crew Cab Black~
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

You should link the pics here for lazy old people like me :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Tribecrist
Crew
Crew

Post by Tribecrist »

Thanks again HJ

After my Boise SW kit and Tb crank I sit at 33" / front fender lip and 34.5" /rear fender lip.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Please tell me that those are not stock shocks :shock:

I have to believe that aftermarket shocks (IMO) is the first mod, intake and exhaust following closely behind :D

All in all, I am envious and they look good. :thumb:

And thanks, HJ
Last edited by F9K9 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Tribecrist
Crew
Crew

Post by Tribecrist »

Yes they are stock 2001's
New shocks two weeks $$$
Last edited by Tribecrist on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Still, a very clean undercarriage :)
Tribecrist
Crew
Crew

Post by Tribecrist »

Thank you.. f9k9
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

No problem, I guess my 7 yrs with my ZR2 spoiled me and I wanted that silly softness gone. I probably wouldb't have noticed otherwise.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

My spring kit arrived today. now I just have to get some shocks. Looking on e-bay, but I can still get them cheaper here in town. Any suggestions???
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What did yours cost delivered?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

It was about $190 including shipping. The kit itself was like $150. I dont understand how UPS could charge me 40 bucks to ship, I mean you should have seen the box when it got here.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Just finished installing the sprong kit, man does it make a difference. Thank HJ for doing the leg work. Next are my shocks.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds good! You are on your way :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I just have a quick question. What size shock do I need to buy? I have the spring kit on already and now its time for a shock upgrade. Any info will be greatly appriciated. I'll probably go with Ranchos, due to funds.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SONOMA915 wrote:I just have a quick question. What size shock do I need to buy?
Stock shocks are fine. You haven't changed the available travel, merely changed the static ride position. The stock , or OEM spec. shocks should have adequate travel.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Dateline: August 30, 2005
SONOMA915 wrote:Just finished installing the sprong kit, man does it make a difference. Thank HJ for doing the leg work. Next are my shocks.

Dateline: September 30, 2005
SONOMA915 wrote:I just have a quick question. What size shock do I need to buy? I have the spring kit on already and now its time for a shock upgrade. Any info will be greatly appriciated. I'll probably go with Ranchos, due to funds.
You have to admire him :D He doesn't bombard you with 10 questions a day like me :D
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Thanks for the info guys. :)
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Spoke with mike today. My spring kit should be shipped tomorrow. I'll post pictures when I get everything installed.

It was $150 for the kit + shipping. I'll update the total when I get the invoice.

EDIT: Got the shipping notification today (2/23/06), should be delivered 3/2/06 $192.50 with freight. Looks like UPS is making a bundle on this one (33 lbs) I don't mind though, there is alot to be said for buying exactly what you want instead of hunting around to save a few bucks.
Last edited by ludwis on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thanks for the update!
Lets us know what shipping to PA ends up being.
Hopefully he has made note of the correct length U-bolts this time. Seems like the last kit had bolts that were too long and had to cut them off.

Sounds like your transformation is nearly complete :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

HenryJ wrote:...Hopefully he has made note of the correct length U-bolts this time. Seems like the last kit had bolts that were too long and had to cut them off.

My kit came with U-bolts that were to short. A quick phone call to Mike and he had the correct size U-bolts in the mail the next day. :thumb:

So what is the number of installed Boise kits? How many of us have made this most excellent mod???
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It must be getting close to half a dozen now.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Boise Spring Works Install Update

Post by ludwis »

Today was a busy day for the truck. I installed the boise spring works springs and bilstein shocks all around. Just for the record, the bolt for the top shock mount on the drivers side was a son of b**** to get off. I can't believe GM would put the brake lines right over the bolt head. What were they thinking???

Photo of the install (drivers side)

Photo of the install (passenger side)

Here is a shot of the truck before the new springs

Photo of the install (passenger side)

This is the same shot as the previous but after the new springs.

Here is a picture after she got a bath...

The only issues I need to look into are:
1) the u-bolts seem to be a bit to long (see photo below).
2) the truck seems about 1" higher on the right than on the left.

Stupidly, I didn't get a shot of the rear before the install so I can't be sure if it was like that to begin with.

One last thing in case we haven't said it enough Thank you Brule for making all this possible!

I'm looking forward to many more great mods.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Boise Spring Works Install Update

Post by HenryJ »

ludwis wrote:Today was a busy day...I installed the boise spring works springs and bilstein shocks all around...
The only issues I need to look into are:
1) the u-bolts seem to be a bit to long (see photo below).
2) the truck seems about 1" higher on the right than on the left.... in case we haven't said it enough ...Thank you...
Looks great! Thanks for posting the before/after photos!
Yes, those U-bolts look a little long. :? You can cut them off with a reciprocating saw or cut-off disk on a grinder. I thought they would have that part right by now. I'll have to stop in and let them know they need to use 1" shorter stock when the form the U-bolts.
I see you got a fancy sticker and it looks like your springs came painted? Or did you paint them and add decals?

Check your front T-bar adjusters to see if one side is backed way off. Unevenly adjusted front springs will affect the rear as well. It kind of makes it "teeter off kilter"

Be sure to drive it a little and give it a few good jounces before making judgements on the way it sits. 8)

Glad you got it all done :mg: Thanks are nice , but this was done purely for my own benefit. You all just get the spoils ;)
That truck should ride like it is on rails now! You will notice a big difference. The springs will likely settle a little bit, and ride a little softer after they break-in a little. Enjoy! I am still enjoying mine :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

ludwis wrote: Just for the record, the bolt for the top shock mount on the drivers side was a son of b**** to get off. I can't believe GM would put the brake lines right over the bolt head. What were they thinking???
Who says the guys in Detroit THINK?
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ludwis wrote:.........arust for the record, the bolt for the top shock mount on the drivers ound. Jside was a son of b**** to get off. I can't believe GM would put the brake lines right over the bolt head. What were they thinking???

I don't remember that problem and I doubt if any changes were made between '02 and '03. :lol:

The only thing I remember about the Bilstien install was trying to compress those suckers to install them when I jacked up the crew at the axles and not the frame. That probably over shadowed the brake lines you described :wink:

You have had a very productive day and you will notice it's rewards immediately :thumb:
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

HenryJ wrote: I see you got a fancy sticker and it looks like your springs came painted? Or did you paint them and add decals?
They came painted and with the boise spring works decals :)

I'll give the T-bars a look in the morning.
f9k9 wrote:The only thing I remember about the Bilstien install was trying to compress those suckers to install them when I jacked up the crew at the axles and not the frame. That probably over shadowed the brake lines you described
How did you manage to compress the new shocks? If I put all my weight on them they wouldn't budge. The stock shocks were shot though. I could pull them in and out very easily.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ludwis wrote:..................How did you manage to compress the new shocks? If I put all my weight on them they wouldn't budge. The stock shocks were shot though. I could pull them in and out very easily.

I finally realized I was being incredibly "blonde" after an hour or so (blamed it on associating with my wife) and a light bulb went off......duh........... :lol: If the axles are hanging down due to being held up in the air by the jackstands under the frame then less compression is required for the shocks :wink:

I piddled a lot with cars in the muscle car era but, have done little since then. I have been coached, learned and remembered a bunch since I found this forum.
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

We can add one more to the count on the Boise Spring Works Kit. I just called and ordered mine today. I was quoted $145 + shipping to IL.
Last edited by daevans315 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

8) Be sure to let us know what the shipping cost turns out to be.
I sure wish that kit was about $25 less. I guess everything has gone up :?

I am also interested to see if they are getting the U-bolt length right. Less us all know how the install goes and your impressions. Don't forget to get before and after measurements and a picture or two if you can :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

Has anyone done any extensive towing with the boise spring kit? If so what is the weight of your trailer? and what are your impressions of the kit?
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

ace wrote:Has anyone done any extensive towing with the boise spring kit? If so what is the weight of your trailer? and what are your impressions of the kit?
I'll let you know in a few weeks. I got mine specifically to help with the rear end sag when towing. I should be loaded like this a few weeks from now and I can give you an update then.

[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ace wrote:Has anyone done any extensive towing with the boise spring kit? If so what is the weight of your trailer?
I tow my boat regularly. It levels things back where they should be. Before there was a noticeable sag. It is not heavy, probably 1800# or so.
The heaviest I have pulled is a tractor on my trailer. It had to be 5000# or better. I would not have wanted to even try it with out the added support.
It works pretty well with my car on the trailer. I don't pull that as much anymore, but would be comfortable with it anytime now. Car and trailer weigh in at 4000#

daevans315, The kit should be exactly what you need. Try to get an after picture exactly the same if you can. The difference will be nice to see.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

Springs in tonight. Springs, front brakes, rear diff fluid change 3 hours. Messing with aftermarket Hellwig sway bar after new springs 1.5 hours after it was back on the ground and its still not right. It’s not off much. I hope I can get everything straight after the springs settle in. I didn't even think about the sway bar after the 'lift'.
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

Here are my before and after pics with the boise spring works kit and a pretty heavy load. If anything I would say I'm loaded heavier in the 'after' pic as I removed the rear seat to get some more cargo room.

Before

After

As you can see, there is FAR less sag with the new springs. The 1,500 mile drive was far more enjoyable as well as the loaded ride was vastly improved. The empty ride is still a little harsh for my taste but well worth the trade off. One of my friends stated it was the difference between riding in a 1/2 ton full size and a 3/4 ton full size truck. I think he hit the nail on the head with that one.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Definitely need a hitch with more drop to it now. Looks good.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

daevans315 wrote:Here are my before and after pics with the boise spring works kit and a pretty heavy load... there is FAR less sag with the new springs...The empty ride is still a little harsh for my taste but well worth the trade off...
Thank you for the pictures. That is a very good representation of the difference :thumb:

The ride may improve some. Either that or you get used to it. I don't think mine rides bad, but I do carry more weight than most with the dual auxiliary fuel tanks.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
feelslikeflyin

Post by feelslikeflyin »

New guy here. First post. VERY interested in the BSW package. I called Boise Spring Works last week. Don't remember who I talked to (Rick maybe?) but he told me he needed me to provide exact measurements of what I needed and the "custom" work would cost me about $350??? Did I not talk to the right guy or what? Any ideas or measurements anyone has would be a great help...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

feelslikeflyin wrote:...Did I not talk to the right guy or what?
Sounds like it. Mike is the one to talk to. I'll give them a call to see what's up.
I know they went through a change in ownership. One of the guys named Mike left. The other was still there and knew all about the S-10 Crew Cab kit.

I'll check on it.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I talked to Rick today. He is not "up to speed" on the kit, and there was a bit of confusion on his part.

Mike is the one to talk to. He is still working there , but was off Friday as well as today. He will be there tomorrow. Rick will get with him and know about the kit as well so we have two people there who know about it :mg:

If anyone runs into problems be sure to let me know and I'd be happy to try to get things straightened out, since I am the closest.

BTW. Mike Greenman is the guy I met with about a year ago when the company changed ownership. He knows the kit and "his stuff" when it comes to springs.
I think I met Rick Ward about that time. He is the one who will get with Mike tomorrow and learn about the kit. I told Rick that I would appreciate them giving the S-10CREWCAB.COm guys a break on the kit , if they can. We are over 400 members strong and continue to bring them business :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
feelslikeflyin

Post by feelslikeflyin »

Brule, Thanks for the help. I emailed my order to Mike and Rick on Tuesday and got a reply today quoting me a price of $150 (minus shipping to Alabama and 5% tax). Should be around $200 total. I called with my credit card info to seal the deal and the springs should be here next week. Can't wait!! Thanks again.
[size=75]2003 S-10 Crewcab. 30" Pirelli Scorpion A/Ts, HPPIII, Spray in bed-liner, Westin Bed Xtender and Safari Bar.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thank you for updating the price and keeping the information current :thumb:

What is their email address? I don't think I have it here , or linked.

Be sure to let us know how the install goes, and show us a picture if you can :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
feelslikeflyin

Post by feelslikeflyin »

I emailed to webmail@boisespringworks.com and got a reply within 24 hours or so.

When I received the quote by email I called Ms. Montrose (handles payment and shipping) at 800-585-5332 to pass my credit card info. If you aren't comfortable passing that info over the phone you can fax it to them at 208-377-1193.
[size=75]2003 S-10 Crewcab. 30" Pirelli Scorpion A/Ts, HPPIII, Spray in bed-liner, Westin Bed Xtender and Safari Bar.[/size]
feelslikeflyin

Post by feelslikeflyin »

Installed the springs this weekend. Easy work thanks to the pics in the Mod section. I cranked the T-bars 5 turns each for an extra inch in front (from 33" to 34"). Went from 33 1/4 to 36 in the rear. The U-bolts and center bolts were all too long. Hacked the center bolts 1/2" but ran out of steam on the U-bolts. They're at least 3/4" too long. Everything else was a perfect fit. Will post some pics when I figure it out. The ride is definitely stiffer. It's perfect now, was a little too sloppy before. Can't wait to see the difference with a load onboard.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That U-bolt length issue has been coming up a few times now. Too long is better than too short, but you'd think they would have it right by now. :roll:

I'll drop in and see what can be done about supplying the correct length bolts with the kit next time.

Thanks for the report :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

UPDATE!!!

AS OF SEPTEMBER 21, 2006, I ORDERED A SET OF BOISE SPRINGS FOR MY TRUCK AND IT COST ME 200 SHIPPED TO INDIANA. Just letting everyone know the current prices and shipping and whatnot. WHAT A HELPFUL BUNCH OF PEOPLE!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Thanks and congrats :D
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

My kit arrived today! Everything appears to be well crafted, heavy duty stuff. $214 shipped to SC. Hopefully pics by the weekend.
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That is about $20 more than the last kit. SC is a long way from Idaho though.
I have no doubt that you will be pleased. Get a good before and after picture if you can. Same angle, same light, etc.
Be sure to let us all know how the install goes, how long it takes and anything else you experience along the way.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

$150 for the hardware + tax = $159, but freight was $55! I think I'll be pleased with it. There's a huge tree blocking the road behind my house to the river bottoms. Me and Dad are planning on cutting that bad boy up Saturday. The springs ought to go on the truck before any of that happens, so I'll definately put them to good use right away. I'll post pics and tell ya what I think when all is done. Thanks for the link!
2003 Dark Green S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 17x8 Black Rock Type D Series 909B Wheels, TB crank, Boise Spring Works rear leaf spring kit, 2" PA body lift, Skidz Custom Cut-Out Fender Flares
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I see a newly register member- Boise Spring Works, Inc.

I think it is outstanding that another manufacturer has taken the time to join the discussion here. I am sure that the direct communication will be an asset!

Welcome!

BTW, they now have a website- Boise Spring Works
Last edited by HenryJ on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

After installing my bilsteins upfront I feel like getting the boise spring kit and putting bilsteins in the rear. Can anyone descibe the ride? I have airshocks now and with them pumped up to get the lift i want I kinda bounce around a little. I want a solid ride without bounce or jarring around if possible.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

ace wrote:After installing my bilsteins upfront I feel like getting the boise spring kit and putting bilsteins in the rear. Can anyone descibe the ride? I have airshocks now and with them pumped up to get the lift i want I kinda bounce around a little. I want a solid ride without bounce or jarring around if possible.
From my post a few months back... I still think thats about as close as I can come to describing it.
One of my friends stated it was the difference between riding in a 1/2 ton full size and a 3/4 ton full size truck. I think he hit the nail on the head with that one.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Mine is not a good one to judge for ride characteristics. I pack 40 gallons of extra fuel. I have had the springs on so long that they are the norm for me.
It rides very comfortably. I would not say it is much firmer than stock. It is not mushy, but the shocks take care of some of that.
The whole point of adding multiple leaves. The rate is progressive. Retain stock ride characteristics and have the ability to hold up to a load.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

ride is solid and sure footed, I dont get any ill effect in my truck, the bad handling comes from wore out shocks :roll:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

PM sent to BSW to check on price/order the kit. I'll let you know the updated $$$$. :wink:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

They do have a toll free number, if you don't get a prompt response.
I fear they are still new to the electronic communication / marketing.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

I figured I'd check for a reply tomorrow, and then use their actual webpage if I didn't hear back.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

WVHogRider wrote:I figured I'd check for a reply tomorrow, and then use their actual webpage if I didn't hear back.
Maybe This Will Help.....As I Was Thinking About This With The Tax Refund I Am Waiting For...
BSW On April 04 2007 wrote:Good Morning Jeff,

I am the bookkeeper here at Boise Spring Works... The kit itself sells for $150.00 and the shipping generally runs about $50.00 (UPS ground).

We can usually ship the kit in 2 business days. I am able to accept Visa or Master Card payment over the phone or you can send a check and once it arrives I will ship the kit.

Thank you for the inquiry, Ms. Montrose

Boise Spring Works, Inc.

605 Meadowland Drive

Boise, ID 83713

Toll Free: 800-585-5332

Phone: 208-377-1157

Fax: 208-377-1193

Email: bswinc1001@qwest.net

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Ms. Montrose PM'd me back. :D The kit will be made today, and will be shipped Monday. :wink:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

WVHogRider wrote:...I'll let you know the updated $$$$
What was it?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

It was just as gocntry had posted. $150 for the kit and roughly $50 no matter where they ship it to. I'll know the exact price on Monday when Ms. Montrose bills me. :wink:
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

so... i haven't posted anything in a while... been tryin to live up my senior year, girlfriend come and gone, keepin up with school... all that fun stuff

anywho, i've tried at least half a dozen times to upload photos of before and after the BSW springs and i can't get the thing to work... but it lifted the rear about 2".

ground to front fender is 37"
ground to rear fender is 38"

I am surprised at how well the truck handles now. There is no where near the amount of sway that it had before the BSW springs. It is stiffer and rides much more like a full-size truck. I LOVE IT!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Sounds sweet. I may have to do this mod yet :D
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

kermit wrote:...I LOVE IT!
This is one of those things that worked out better than I thought it would.
I was scared off a little at first by the prices that increased. I pushed for others to check locally for a shop that would build the kit and save some money. That may be easier said than done. Maybe there just aren't so many spring shops?

It really is great that these spring kits are spread across the US.

It is a big price to swallow, but well worth the improvement it provides.

Kermit, Follow the directions in the information fourm to upload photos to your S-10CREWCAB.COM album and we will be able to see that tough truck of yours :mg:

Edit: Looks like you do have some photos-

- ThunderII KE7CSK
kermit
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kermit »

^that pic is of the truck right after the new tires, but before the BSW install...

BEFORE
AFTER
alrighty.. it worked that time! :lol:
once again.. a noticeable difference in looks and performance. When my friends or I used to hop on the tailgate to sit down, the truck would sag and bounce a little... not anymore! :wink: Although this is more expensive than other options for lifting the rear, I think it is the right choice if you tow or carry a load in the rear on a regular basis. Even standing still, when I push on the side of the bed, there is a huge difference in how much the truck will sway back and forth.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Loaded for a dry camp I gross close to 6K. I pack 60 gallons of fuel regularly. There is no other choice for me. I need the additional support this kit offers.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

The BSW kit plus shipping is $205 to my doorstep in WV. :D The local spring shop wanted over $300 and insisted on just one added leaf. :(
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

WVHogRider wrote:The local spring shop wanted over $300 and insisted on just one added leaf.
Boy that makes the BSW kit look really reasonable!

I think you will be pleased. I am curious to see if they got the U-bolt length right this time. Seems like a few had bolts that were a little on the long side.
They can be cut off, but that is kind of a pain.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

:D Well, the kit showed up today. :shock: The box was a mess, and I'm missing a center pin bolt. The box had a huge hole in it that someone had tried to tape shut. I'll have to get in touch with Ms. Montrose to see what happened, not that she'll know.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Well, I finally got the other center pin bolt the other day, and got the kit installed today, (with before/after pics.) :wink: However, I'd post pics, but the system keeps telling me I'm over my "disk limit" eventhough I opened a new folder in the gallery and tried to download them into it just as I have before. :cry:

Anyway, It's great....I love the ride of it already. :nana: I also got pics of the U-Bolts before and after. They were slightly long, but not anymore. SAWSALL baby!!!!! I'll try storing/posting the pics again tomorrow.. :wink:
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Got pics. loaded!!!! I like it a lot!!!!!!!
Before BSW kit
After BSW kit
U-bolts before cut
U-bolts after cut
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

Just a quick word of caution with this kit installed. Its rather obvious now but I didn't think of it until after it happened to me.
It is really easy to get way too much tongue weight on a trailer and not notice it with this kit installed. I loaded down my new trailer that is a 5 x 10 with the axle pretty far to the back the same way I was loading my 5x8 tilt with the axle in the middle. It didn't hardly squat the truck but when I headed out on the road I could really feel the front end acting light. I headed right back to the garage and maxed out our bathroom scale at 525 pounds when attempted to measure the tongue weight. I'm sure I was at 6 or 700 pounds. I rearranged the load to get the weight off the front of the trailer and all was well.
So remember, we have taken away the visual clues(bottomed out rear suspension) that you have done something stupid. I'm certain that you would be grossly overloaded with tongue weight or bed weight before the rear end of the truck really dropped much.

Just something to keep in mind.....
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

yah i think i got a tractor too far forward this morning, it was on a car trailer and my tires were even with the fender lip :oops: prolly close to 1000 lbs. thank god it didnt go unnoticed...
[size=75]2003 Black CC