Wheel Spacers B4 and After

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Wheel Spacers B4 and After

Post by DLP »

Thought you might like to see a couple before and after pictures of my wheel spacers. I have 1 1/2" up front and 3" in the rear. I can take other angles if you like. But these were just to show the differences. I am going to grind down the turn stops that I welded on. I think I am going to gain back some of my lost turning radious. The truck looks much better with all wheels sticking out the same amount. But I got to get BIGGER mud flaps!

Last edited by DLP on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Wheel Spacers B4 and After

Post by HenryJ »

Looks Beefy. Out there where it looks like a truck.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I like too!!!!!! :thumb: It is a nice build!

I always thought mud flaps were a tad to much for me, however, I knocked the salt off of mine this morning and my minor stone chips have gotten pretty ugly this winter. I am thinking Line-X sometime soon.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Nice Sonoma wheels :rock:
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I know I need to get Chevy caps. Just haven't found any. Or maybe haven't looked too hard. I got the rims from a club member for a good price and couldn't pass them up. I have brand new 235's on the stock rims. Too cheep to pay the mounting and balancing on 2 full sets to change back to the stock rims.

I spent $7 washing the truck for the pictures. After just driving up and down the driveway, it's a mess. I don't like the flaps either. But the front tires are throwing mud up on the hood and even on the rear doors. The step bars are packed. This is just from easy rolling in the drivway. It warmed up and melted some of the snow. The ground is still frozen. But the top layer is slick and muddy. I will deal with it until it dries up. Good clean mud. It's the salt I hate the most.
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

what size tire do you have in inches.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

They are Cooper 31 10.50s. But they only measure out to 30s.
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

ok, I was thinking about getting some spacers just like yours, and putting on 32x11.5. Did you lose turning radious because of the spacers or because of the turn stops. can you tell me where you got your spacers and how much you paid for them.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I had bald 31s to start with. So I added a little stock to the turn stops. I didn't need the added stop material after going to the Cooper version of 31s. I only did the spacers to get the tires out a bit. 1 1/2" fronts from Ebay $60. 3" rears from HeneryJ for a good savings!
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

DLP wrote:I know I need to get Chevy caps. Just haven't found any. Or maybe haven't looked too hard.
LMC Trucks has the center candy for our S-10's... Need to get some myself, after a Wally World employee STOLE mine while changing my tires a while back. :rant:
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

DLP, is your CC lifted? im asking cause i only have a tbar crank with 30's and im looking into getting aftermarket wheels (5" bs for front, 3.5" bs for rear) but im afraid they might rub
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Ya, I have the 2" body lift, 2" shackles and add-a-leafs with air shocks. Not too much of a T-bar crank. Just enough to level it out some.