wheel spacer size

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

wheel spacer size

Post by bradjh »

i have a crew with stock rims and 235 75 15 tires i am wanting to widen that stance, what size wheel spacers in front and back to make everything wider and even?/
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: wheel spacer size

Post by Horsehammerr »

1 1/2 " Front 3" Rear :rock:
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

With no BL then 1.25" or 1.5" rear is the best that you can do.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Stock rear is 2.1" narrower than the front so whatever you can fit in the front keep that in mind if you intend to put spacers on the rear as well. Personally I like the driveability I gained when I added 1" spacers to the rear of my stock CC. 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

roadrunner wrote:Personally I like the driveability I gained when I added 1" spacers to the rear of my stock CC. 8)
I had the same setup on my CC and thought it looked pretty good that way.

Steve
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by s10 again »

Keep an eye on the Zr2 rear axle swap thread. I just got my crew sitting back on all four shoes pics will be posted soon. The rear is now 4" wider and looks great. My truck has no lift and is running 235 75 15s on stock zr5 rimes. Might give you a good idea for spacer size.

Chris.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

1 inch front and 3 inch rear spacers on mine, no body lift just shackles in the rear and T-bar tweak in front.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]