Full Size Conversion

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Full Size Conversion

Post by Horsehammerr »

Do the specs and instructions exist to make a Full Size IFS Conversion to an S-10 Crewcab ? Can this be done ? :idea: 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Full Size Conversion

Post by HenryJ »

It has been done but requires extensive modification of the mounting. It may also require custom built half shafts and a-arms.

Do some research on ZR2USA.com. LS1ZR2 , Mike Copeland of Diversified Creations.

There was also a "kit" in the works that never went past the prototype phase. That Blazer thread is in this forum too.
Plan on the cost being two to three times that of a SFA swap.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

The only reason I ask about this, is because it would help to upgrade the Torsion Bars to 3/4 ton for the purpose of slowing the downward motion at the front-end. I don't want to have to lift the suspension or the body to keep from hitting the top of my tires on the upper wheel well opening. I don't want bigger tires and I want to keep my wide stance. I already have the full size bump stops with the solid ones in the front, so stops are not the answer for my setup. :shrug: I might just go to Fiberglass fenders with wide flare and tall wheel well openings :thumb:
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by s10 again »

What are the specs on the 3/4 ton bars anyone know? Might be interesting if they are not that far off from the the S10 bars. I would think an S10 would ride rough with such bars under it though.

Chris.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The bars are very different. You would have to use the 3/4T a-arms. The socket is larger and the bars longer.
Not an option using any stock s-series parts with them.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by s10 again »

I'm not crazy about the idea but love to think up work a rounds. What if you cut out the s10 sockets and weld in the full size ones. Then use either a cut down full size cross member(or custom made a new one) and mounted aft of the stock one.

Sure we just spent enough cash do a SFA conversion,atomic power plant swap and a flux capacitor. But where is the challenge in all that junk. :mrgreen:

Chris.