Difference in a crew cab and a ZR5?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

vrodracing90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Difference in a crew cab and a ZR5?

Post by vrodracing90 »

I have a 04 Crew Cab and I would like to know what is the difference in my crew cab 4x4 and a crew cab ZR5?
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Difference in a crew cab and a ZR5?

Post by s10 again »

Not much to tell the truth. Mine is a ZR5 and it is just an appearance package. The ZR5s get nice rims, Nerf bars, roof rack, bed rails, gray painted grill-fender flairs and nifty ZR5 decals. "And that,that,thats all folks". I wish the ZR5 trucks would have had something to offer in performance like the ZR2 trucks that would have been cool.

Heres a good read. http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/news/zr5.html

Chris.
vrodracing90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by vrodracing90 »

Me too. I recently put the 2 inch suspension lift but the key they sent me was wrong so we put everything else on it. It looks alot better but ride like crap when we cranked the tortion bar up.
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by s10 again »

Most here that have experience wrenching on these trucks advise not to buy a suspension lift for them unless you are wanting to go big. Even then they say go SFA instead of lifting the IFS. The stock keys allow for more lift than the ball joints and CVs can take. If you need more than an inch or so go with a body lift. Then if a little more is needed crank the bars a little and get springs or shackles for the rear.

Hope you have had or very soon plan to get an alignment. Cranking those bars will throw the front all out of whack!!!

Chris.
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

can you upgrade the cvs and ball joints cuz i got shackles in the back and rose my torson bars up
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

The ZR5 package will carry an MSRP of $1,500 and includes a roof rack, wheel flares, black anodized bed rails and side steps, 15" X 7" cast aluminum, five-spoke wheels with spectra gray accents, 235/75R-15 ???
I thought the zr5 wheels were 16 inch?
Did I think wrong??
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yup ZR-5 wheels are the same 15" as the LS package just a different style
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]