ZR5 Needs to set on 33"s will this work?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

jsmcnabb6s

ZR5 Needs to set on 33"s will this work?

Post by jsmcnabb6s »

HI, Im new to this site, i recently tried s-10 forum, but they seem to be more geared toward slamming, and customization, a member refered me to this site, I have a Yellow 02 ZR5, i have came into some money recently, and have plans for my truck, I was looking at some photos and have came to the conclusion on what i would like to do, ive allways had fast cars, tuners/muscle, but decided to go pratical, thus the ZR5, now i like to go out, hit the mud holes, and play. Havent really worked on trucks, or suspension. so here is what i plan on doing, please tell me if its a yay or nay,

I have a friend that is going to give me a set of aggressive 33" that are in good shape, not much ware at all, this being said i have read some forums, and done some thinking,

2" Shackel kit
1" tb Kit,
2" body lift
Fender Flair's and cuts
Wheels i think the tires fit a 15x8
and wheel spacers,

i dont know what kind of wheel spacers, because i dont know the back spacing on the wheels im going to buy yet, but i do wayt to them to stand out a little from the body, any comments, suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jsmcnabb6s

Re: ZR5 Needs to set on 33"s will this work?

Post by jsmcnabb6s »

Also if i do this, with the tb, shackel, and body lift will i have to lengthen my break lines? or any other cables?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You'll be fine. Check out the "Marvelous Mystery Lift" for the rest of the package. You are on the right track.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

You say 33's? How wide are thay? Can you give us the size?
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
jsmcnabb6s

Post by jsmcnabb6s »

I believe that they are 15x8, how much back spacing would i need to look for in a rim?
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I ment the size of the tires... 33 ? 15...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!